I have a fascination with death...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Rusted-Soul, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusted-Soul

Rusted-Soul New Member

For a while, I dreamed of killing my girlfriend, and she is something amazing...
    But anywho. I hated that. I hated not being able to control the dream, and the fact that it kind of... half melded into a realistic feeling. It was as if it was actually happening, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.
    So I deprived myself of sleep, doing my best never to sleep unless I had no choice, i.e., I passed out.
    And the only reason I'm back to sleeping normally now is the fact that I've stopped dreaming about killing her, and started dreaming of my own death, which is something I fantasize about. I could go into details about what it included and such, but yeah.
    I know this seems weird but it is weird.

2. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

Counselling? :blink:

I've been 'obsessed' with suicide for 4 years. I read about it and I mostly prefer movies that mention the subject. I fantasize about my death 20/7 because I sleep for 4 hours dreaming about how meaningless the next day will be.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  3. Corieh Infected

Corieh Infected Well-Known Member

Counseling rarely helps people the people don't exactly understand. If you can find someone who's had similar dreams or something, that could really help a lot. Just try talking about why you're dreaming of your own death, like if there's something triggering the feeling of wanting to die. If you figure out why you want it to happen, it's easier to overcome.

4. LILICHIPIE

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

Ive been dreaming about my own death; about my last plan, about what will be my last thought and breath...I also like to read about suicide methods, how the body will look, graphic pictures..thats disturbing. not sure if thats becuase of the meds or proof ive lost my sanity over battling depression for years.
    Death seems natural to me. the most insane is not to feel guilty or creepy about dreaming with details my own death. Thats why I dont talk about that with my doc or "friends". they would think thats "insane".

5. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

Totally agree.

6. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

i don't think its odd at all. i dream about my own death too, i have a fixation with hanging and decapitation, i think that for me it stems from curiosity about death in general.

when my baby was born, i used to fantasize about breaking her neck, the thought that i could do something so "bad" to my child terrified me to the extent that i separated myself from her for the first four months of her life. Counseling did help, strangely enough, it helped me realize that because i was so scared that I'd hurt her, i probably never would.

thoughts of my death scare me far less, i think i get more worried about the fact that it's not normal to think about your own death than anything else. i think I'm just intruded by death generally and just curious which is why I fantasize about it in graphic detail.

7. LILICHIPIE

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

When im dreaming about my death or browsing the internet, I make sure to go on the hanging box. Ive seen me hanging everynight for the past 2 weeks and ive been looking at graphic pics at how it might look like on my body. thats probbaly how I might end up in a few.

8. Love's Icy Death

Love's Icy Death Well-Known Member

i usually have a dream about death every night, it leaves me wanting death so much when i wake up, and hating sleep so much when its 3am im still awake.

i wouldnt say i had a fascination with it, but i certaintly welcome it...

offtopic: but around this forum and in this thread especially ive seen another person from reading and nother from slough, its nice to know that theres people like me near me

9. HollowedOut

HollowedOut Member

sometimes in crowded areas i imagine everyones heads snapping off and all glass and windows shattering and stuff, it makes me smile a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.