I have a friend, and I need an advice.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Natasa, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natasa

Natasa Member

If any of you read my story at after effects forum, you could see that I have a friend that saved me from suicide attempt eight years ago, and he is the only person who has been there for me all this time. And he is the one directly responsible for the good life I currently have.
    Now, he is the one who's planning to end his life. As much as I want to help him, I don't know what to do or say to make things easier for him. I was thinking of recommending this site to him, although I promised to keep his secret with me. So, I need an advice on how to approach him.
    And to clarify, some months ago he found out that he doesn't have much more to to live, because of a health condition he got. He looks and feels healthy at the moment, but as the time is passing he will be more and more weak. And that's why he made this decision, to go away while at least he is at full strength.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi natasa, I'm very sorry to hear your friend is terminally ill, I can't imagine what must be going through his mind and you are amazing for being there for him. I think you should just say that you know of a great site...and just take it from there.
    Other ways you can help him, hmm trying to think... I do not know how old this friend is, ask him are there any things he ever wanted to do before he passes on and I'm sure that could cheer him up a bit. I don't know how much longer your friend has to live but make every moment count. Cheer him up just by being there for him, go to the movies, have some fun, let the hair down. Do things that don't require much energy as he is weak.

Best of luck to both you and your friend, I wish the best for both of you.

3. Donnanobispacem

Donnanobispacem Well-Known Member

As someone with a serious illness, I can totally empathise with your friend...

It's quite stressful supporting someone who is terminally ill so get support yourself if you need it. You are a good friend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.