• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

i have a passion

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
this thread is a fairly simple one. life can really suck sometimes but something fun and interesting can help us make it through good or bad times. do you have something that you are passionate about like crotchet, model building sailing etc. what hobby keeps you going...mike..*grouphug2*stars

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
of course i don't have to tell people what im passionate about. of course it's my 64 dodge. so just plain cruising, polishing her, even working on her helps me tremendously. especially when i do something to make her faster or when we go cruising i get to play sometimes and be a bad boy. so of course that's my passion that makes life worth living...mike, what's your passion

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I am passionate about teddy bears! Hmm, no surprise there. I used to make them, but it costs too much these days. And used to go to teddy bear conventions, but am not sure they have those any more. Those conventions were great!
i googled it and they still have teddybear conventions. maybe you could find one after covid and also look for teddy bear groups online. i think it's cool that you make teddy bears. as for cost you can get creative. go to thrift stores and get things that you can use as fabric etc plus the stuffing. you could make them for a fraction of the cost. my wife does this with her crafts. and if you do start making teddy bears again you can make me one to hug lol..mike...*hug*shake

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Carpentry would be one for me, an example from that.

The desk I work at is one I built for my mom back when I was in shop in high school. Yes, I was a John Bender from The Breakfast Club, also playing the guitar, astronomy, languages and science and math. :) I also like hunting, fishing and camping out.
you made that desk?

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter
you made that desk?
I did, about 40 or so years ago. Wood shop for me, my granddad taught me woodworking. My brother learned mechanical as in fixing cars, trucks, tractors everything on the farm. Put us together and other than masonry or being electricians we can mostly make or fix anything you have. Although with newer vehicles unless you have the computer to put the car into... I have also made furniture and such for others I know, redoing decks, things like that.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I did, about 40 or so years ago. Wood shop for me, my granddad taught me woodworking. My brother learned mechanical as in fixing cars, trucks, tractors everything on the farm. Put us together and other than masonry or being electricians we can mostly make or fix anything you have. Although with newer vehicles unless you have the computer to put the car into... I have also made furniture and such for others I know, redoing decks, things like that.
that desk looks awesome, i want one. you could make good money doing things like that...mike...*hug

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter
that desk looks awesome, i want one. you could make good money doing things like that...mike...*hug
Many thanks. I do such as a favor for special folks in my life. When my nephew was born I built him pint sized/munchkin sized rocking chair that was perfect for him up to 5 years of age. His parents now have it for when they become grandparents from him. I have two nieces and now one has two of the cutest, most adorable little ones, 4 and 2 IIRC, they both got dollhouses I made for them, one has a castle and the other one a dollhouse that looks more like an old style Southern Mansion, perfect sized for Barbie doll sized dolls. No, I do NOT spoil them, and I claim that neither one has me wrapped around little fingers, but I admit to being full of shit. LOL

Sunday16

SF Supporter
My passion is creativity.
My creative passion varies; it's been building furniture from pallet wood, making jewelry, drawing, among other things. Wherever my creative interest takes me, I find it healing, rewarding, and fun to create things. Plus, it's a pretty incredible feeling to look upon something you've made, which reflects your personality, talent, and ability to learn new things.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
@1964dodge
Say, Mike, I know you have a passion for your vintage car so I was wondering--what do you think about this video? Do you think the man in this video went too far?
funny thing is my wife and i discussed me getting buried in my 64 dodge. of course i couldn't do it to my beloved dodge i want her to go beyond me. not to mention how expensive it would be lol...mike...*hug*shake

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
funny thing is my wife and i discussed me getting buried in my 64 dodge. of course i couldn't do it to my beloved dodge i want her to go beyond me. not to mention how expensive it would be lol...mike...*hug*shake
Anyway, we don't want archeologists 5000 years from now wasting their funding trying to figure out if it was a car, or a chariot.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I am passionate about gardening and small scale agriculture. Planting fruits , flowers and vegetables in my garden.
and there are so many benefits to your passion. i think it's great to be able to plant a seed and produce food...mike...*hug*shake

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$30.00
Goal
$255.00