I have a problem and I need Help...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sadangel, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadangel

sadangel Active Member

I am so tired of all that has been going on in my life. I am not completely suicidal but am getting more and more depressed. What do I do if the person I am with I am just not happy with anymore? I hate my life. My husband has crossed a line with physically hurting me. I can't be here anymore. My pastor says NO DIVORCE! That's it if I get a divorce then I will be shunned from my church which is my only refuge. I can't be with someone abusive it goes against everything in my heart. So what choice do I have. I love my church. I don't want to be shunned. Ok maybe I should just off myself then this decision won't have to be made.
  2. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

im very sorry you feel so low but as an atheist i just dont have the words to say much that will help you.This kind of thing makes me angry at how these men and women of god would cast you out and abandon you for getting out of an abusive relationship.You have your faith so my anger will not help you one jot,i hope that some forum members of faith might be able to offer you some comfort on this issue. i wish you the very best and hope you can find a way towards future happiness :hug:
  3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

((Sadangel)) hope sincerely that you do not take the option of endihng your life.. getting away from a husband that is abusing you is a very real and issue that has to come first.. is your churce aware of what your husband is doing to you now??? if they are adamant about having to stay together despite this then htey are deranged.. harming noone is first in most religions.. love everyone is heard from religiouns all the time also.. if spouse is going to keep hurting you then getting away is something you really do need to do.. if necessary then a new church may have to be on your to do list.. take care, JIm
  4. Takotsubo

Takotsubo Well-Known Member

what he said ^ just go find another church of the same or different religion . dont know where you live but unless you're living in a small town , get out and find a new place . screw that place if they shun you for trying to get a divorce with an abusive asshole.
  5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm so sorry you're having a really bad time. Could you leave for a while and call it a temporary break? You need to be where you are safe from the abuse. Do your pastor and community understand that your spouse is abusing you? I like the idea mentioned above - find another church (in the same religion) that won't shun you if you must take a break or eventually get a divorce. In the long run, your safety and well-being must come first.

You're brave and strong - you're still here. Please don't end your life - take steps to create a new one for yourself instead. :hug:
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Well first thing is, Your religeon should look down on suicide..If they want to shun you so much for them..There are other churchrs.. Sure you may have to change faiths but you will still be in contact with your god..Don't let anyone treat you that way..It's not right..
  7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I, like everyone else, am sorry you are being abused by your husband. Yes there is physical. And the emotional abuse leaves much more harmful wounds. They are the hidden wounds that are much more difficult to handle, live with and heal. They are wounds upon the very core of your being, as I see it. Although these wounds can be healed if you can get safe and begin the journey of healing, Have you asked your pastor what he recommends for you so that you can get safe? Emotionally and physically this is extemely important. Getting safe, even from the emotional abuse is so very vital. Do you have children??

I can understand that you do not want to lose the only community you have. Is there a battered womens shelter you could call? Just to annomyously talk to them? A battered womens hotline? No matter how you think this may not qualify as being battered, it really does. As I say, the emotional wounds that are invisible are the most destructive. I hope you can reach out to call them. I say this for more than one reason. I hope that you can add another community into your life. One that supports your being safe. One that truly wants you to recieve healing for the wounds. As you heal ( in an enviornment safe from abuse, you will regain the power that he has taken through the abuse. Hope and help are out there. You were very smart to post here :hugtackles:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.