I have a problem working.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by jamie2, Apr 1, 2009.

1. jamie2

jamie2 Active Member

I have a huge problem when it comes to working. Does this happen to other people, I am a really energetic young man, when I first decided to work I was overtly confident and felt great. But, on my first day of working I realized my body hurt a lot, and this just came from standing. At first, I thought nothing much of it, but as the months passed my body began to locked down, I became constantly disoriented and those around me started to think I was on drugs.

My school work suffered immensely since I tried to study but could not process any information. I went from being a straight A student to barely able to comprehend simply math. Once a year had passed at my job, I became a none functioning human being. I remember that my body hurt so much that I would literally pull loose teeth from my mouth without caring anymore, it was the weirdest thing. I remember, feeling my heart beating constantly, and I could not speak in a fluent manner, people would always tell me I had cottenmouth, in addition, I always felt dehydrated. My physical appearance changed immensely as well.

Finally, I did managed to quit this job, since I only worked there to get the attention of this girl which I like but she didn't like me and ended hurting me badly, but that's another story. Finally 6 months after quitting, my body and mental state are finally back to normal, but it took 6 months of recuperation.

My whole point is, has this happened to anyone before, is work suppose to leave you hurting so much, is there something wrong with me? I remember I felt the same way all through my public school life, but not since I got to college, I thought all these feelings of illness were behind me. I really need help with this but I spoke to a therapist about it and all he said was something stupid like all that standing probably made your feet hurt. Made my feet hurt, no, it destroyed me.

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Perhaps it was the environment you worked in which led to your poor state.
    Also working and studying can take it out of a person, depending on the intensity levels.

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

To answer your overall questions...NO, you should not have that kind of problem from any job that I know of and I'm 50. My grandfather worked as a mover, a carpenter, a door to door salesman and other very pysical jobs and never had the type of problem you mention. He had a heart attack at age 78...much older than anybody who worked as hard as he did should live.

Work does take the life out of you...but not so early on. Also...i never heard of anyone pulling their own teeth out unless it was from improper diet...like people from really poor countries who can't see a dentist.

To be honest...it sounds like a medical condition rather than psychological.

If you send me a private message with more info. I will respond. Maybe i can help!