i have a weird SH question. it may trigger, i'm not sure.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ajean, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajean

Ajean Well-Known Member

Does anyone else feel the overwhelming urge to damage their face?

2. kookykrazzy

kookykrazzy Member

yes i have. the closest i got was cutting my neck.

3. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

Not overwhelming, but I do sometimes think about breaking my nose to get a free nosejob. Yeah, I'm a nutcase.

4. scarlettdrknss

scarlettdrknss Well-Known Member

definitely.

5. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

I have cut my face, thankfully it didn't scar, i was very drunk and feeling.....the only way i can describe it is crazy.

6. Miss Misery

Miss Misery Active Member

I've had the urge but I have never done anything

7. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

I have the urge but have never done it out of fear of scarring.

8. MrsStavrogin

MrsStavrogin Active Member

I sometimes scratch my face, but not hard, so it doesn't leave scars. I also bite my lips until they hurt. Once I was really drunk and as my hand was near my face I burnt it with a cigarette. I didn't do it intentionally and I didn't even realise what I was doing at first. It was as if I didn't care at all, so I didn't even feel it.

9. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

to bang my head against the wall (but that's not the face :shame: )

10. alwayshalfway

alwayshalfway Member

yeah...i have no idea why it happens though. Its like self hatred or something

11. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

Yes. Usually my urge is to hurt my eyes. I am not sure why and have never felt like analyzing it to figure it out. Maybe because they're what sees? I don't know. But the urge can be rather strong sometimes. And it isn't always my eyes specifically. It has been other parts of my face, too.

12. JigsawJohn

JigsawJohn Well-Known Member

I use to pick my lips until they bleed and really hurt, that is actually the first form of self harm I did from I was 12. But other than that I haven't harmed in my face. But I do have the reoccuring urge to leave a permanent scar across my eye or cheek.

13. angel jazz

angel jazz Active Member

I've punched my self several times in the face really hard to leave bruising and swelling

14. swallowfall

swallowfall Active Member

i scratch my face with my nails, but never enough to leave any marks that last more than a few minutes. i don't want to have to deal with having scars or marks on my face.

15. Is This It

Is This It Well-Known Member

Yes lots of times, although I don't want people knowing what I'm going through so that stops me

16. 3.141592654

3.141592654 Well-Known Member

I once cut myself just under the place my hair starts. That way the hair would conceal the scar. (It wasn't really a success, as the skull sits right under the skin)

I also have fantasies of cutting through the cheek, but have never actually attempted to.

17. Jagroen

Jagroen Well-Known Member

yeah, ever since my friend joking pretended to choke me with a vga cable cuz we joking around, the pain against the adam's apple felt different...

but please dont damage your face, cuz u can leave scars and im sure you dont want to see scars every time you look in a mirror..

18. Dark Descent

Dark Descent New Member

That's quite common. Some people self harm because they hate there appearance, and your face is probably something you see often. Even
    if you don't hate your appearance, your face represents your identity, so anything you dislike about yourself could trigger this. Furthermore, your face.is a sensitive area, and allot of pain could be caused by inflicting damage here. Almost a year ago i sliced open my lip... I told my parents i fell down the stairs :') . I wouldn't recommend courting.here though, there are some nasty people in this world, and viable cuts could cause you allot of upset Dx

19. Emerald Hyperion

Emerald Hyperion Not So Well-Known Member

I was born with a strange face so I'm usually the attraction of ridicule or straight up being stared at like a freak. But I've had the desire to either injure one of my eyes to the point where it can no longer be used, but most of all, I've always had a desire to gain a Glasgow smile... (have my mouth cut open so it gets extended nearly up to my ears).

I already have a reason to be looked at in disgust or horror, but I would love to smile wide enough to freak others out even more. Not just I want to have my face damaged, but my whole body broken beyond repair. I'm already broken mentally and emotionally, so why not physically, as well.

20. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

i use to cut my face but i hardly do it now because my husband would stop me from doing it there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.