I have about 5 years

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ty Ty, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty Ty

Ty Ty New Member

My kitty has been my only solace in life. She helps me get through hard times a lot and sleeps by my side every night and I love her. Sadly, nobody thinks that it's healthy to find relief in something that can't love you back. People trek me I'm delusional for thinking my baby loves me. She helps me see that maybe I'm not as bad as I thought, but she's not a real life person so what's it matter. She can't tell me suicide hotline phone numbers. Shell be gone soon, she's pretty ill. Not anything immediately harmful but vets say she has about five years. It's then that I'll be gone. Without her I'm not even real

2. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

I too am very attached to my cats and I strongly believe they give unconditional love and I believe your cat loves you back just as much as you love her!!! I am sorry to hear that she is I'll it must be hard to know that in the back of your mind.....I hope for the best for you and your cat.....and I don't think there is anything wrong having love from animals than people, I trust my animals 100x more than i trust people!!

I wish you all the best to both you and your cat, take care

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I firmly believe that animals have feelings/emotions. They DO love us back. They turn to us for nurturing, comfort, care, play, love. They could run away from us, but instead they come to us. I think maybe the difference is that animals don't speak a human language so they can't say "I love you", but their actions speak at least as loudly as any words could. When my cats come to me to snuggle and purr as I stroke them, I KNOW they love me as much as I love them.

I'm sorry your kitty is not well. That's hard. My first kitty had a health problem that I nursed her through for 10 years. She lived to be 19. Five years might be enough time for science to find some better tools to help your kitty. Don't give up. And I'm sure that she simply wants to love and be loved by you. And it's likely that she would want you to enjoy her company so much that you would live on after and maybe one day take in another furry friend - to honor this wonderful kitty.

It's not time to give up. It's time to enjoy and make the most of every day you have with your kitty now.

Lots of love from me and my babies - we're thinking of you! Be safe!

4. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Ty Ty, I am sorry for people who believe that cats can not love you back, They have so much that they can give an are willing to share it with anyone that will just take the time to find out! I am sorry that you lil one is not doing well I lost one back in August, needlessly but gone none the less! I think they need kindness an compassion as much as we do, I will be the first to say, I have always had a cat since I was a baby! I never realized how much they give, asking for so little in return, I could never afford to pay for the Laughs smiles Tears Love an Affection my cats have given me, they give an gave so much to make my life better!

Ty Ty Take care of yourself Please, I wrote this out without knowing that much about you all I saw was that you were a cat lover an yours was ill, but also that you were hurting too, I will be here if I can help or if there is anything you need, I would like to hear about your little one, if you ever feel like sharing, I hope to see an talk with you again! Take care of yourself an be gentle! You need it too! as well as your little Precious Friend!

5. April Moody

April Moody New Member

Some people don't know what they're talking about, and the trick is to recognize this and disregard them.

Why do the vets say your cat only has 5 years to live? If you tell me what her diagnosis is, maybe I can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.