I have been biting myself..

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ThoseEmptyWalls, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I have been biting myself lately. I dont know if Id call it self harm or not. It doesnt actually hurt and I dont bite thru the skin. It just helps me cope with things. I will bite down, it hurts a bit for only a second, then it goes numb. When I let go the imprint of my teeth is on the skin. Am I self harming when I do this? I get nervous and cant handle things. When I do this I feel better, it melts away the tension, and I can breath again. I think back to when I use to cut myself and how it made me feel. I want to cut myself again but just cant. Sometimes I play with razors and knives, move them along the area I want to slash, but I dont.. I guess I just wanted to tell someone about this..

2. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

:hug:
    biting your skin could be a form of self harm, if you're doing it to take away the emotional pain or stress.
    it could also turn into a nervous habit.

i hope that you are strong enough to not cut yourself

3. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

My wife likes it when I bite her when we're doing the sex. I don't see a problem with it if you're not breaking the skin.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is a form of self harm if you are doing it to relieve emotional pain. I would talk to your therapist about it or your doctor. I am glad you chose not to cut again. You are using this as a coping skill try using a more positive distraction if you can but do talk with you therapist about it take care.

5. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

it seems to be self harm to me.A bad habit to break if it goes on too long even if it seems relatively minor.It isnt healthy.You need healthy outlets.You need something.You stopped cutting,congrats..now stop bitng yourself...do you have a therapist?If so ,I hope you are telling them this.This can get more serious and you don't want to feel pain,or feel bad about yourself more than you do...you are extremely frustrated.Your therapist can show you alternative outlets that are healthy and safe.When you want to bite..post here.Keep a log of what triggers it! Take care

6. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I bite myself as well. I think it is a type of self-harm. I read somewhere that the official definition of self-harm involves a mark that stays for a certain period of time, maybe a few hours at least. But at any rate, there are different levels... and I don't always leave a mark when I hurt myself, my therapist still classifies it as self-harm.

7. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

Junkie there's a couple problems with your post
    1.were talking about self harm(to yourself)
    2.this has nothing to do with pleasure
    3.no one wants to know your sex habits

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.