• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

I have been invalidated all my life

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
I have been invalidated all my life for my health issues,

I have been labelled many nasty things from being violent, aggressive, a psycho etc the list can go on and on,

I have never invalidated myself and I have always made sure I have had a voice and that is what has led to confrontation from others in regards to my mental health.

I have been ignored, I have been bullied, I have been kicked and punched and abused mentally for having mental health!

and people say when I talk about me I am twisting it and making it all about me! well i am not i am just getting my feelings put across, how I am made to feel so i can be validated in todays society.

who the fuck are you to invalidate me or anyone??

I will never ever invalidate anyone for their health!!! no matter what they have wrong!!

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
I'm sorry, @Jayjay289 - that sounds like a very tough & rough way to be treated throughout life, over which (something) that you have little to know control~ "the mental health issues." Here's hoping you can find some people, kind ones preferably, to assist you in reversing some of this shattering feeling, emotionally. [Even if it is only One!] Because it has got to be so crippling, as well as isolating, I'd imagine, when others act & react this way, towards your behavior, and thought processes with which you try to 'explain,' it--or things, to them. Believe me, I've tried, once upon a time. . . I had it in my head: if i can just EXPLAIN It well enough - my depression / or 'this' depression, ~to others... (then they will understand me; & where I am coming from & everything will turn out or be fine & we all can live happily ever after, with mutual understanding, comprehension & agreement- of one another). Boy? Was I WRONG- ; ) Anyway, take care & I wish you the best! :^)

Last edited:

Lane

SF Supporter

I have been labelled many nasty things from being violent, aggressive, a psycho etc the list can go on and on,

I have never invalidated myself and I have always made sure I have had a voice and that is what has led to confrontation from others in regards to my mental health.

I have been ignored, I have been bullied, I have been kicked and punched and abused mentally for having mental health!

and people say when I talk about me I am twisting it and making it all about me! well i am not i am just getting my feelings put across, how I am made to feel so i can be validated in todays society.

I will never ever invalidate anyone for their health!!! no matter what they have wrong!!
Shame on those that have hurt you @Jayjay289.

adamjam

Thanks for posting, I get it.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$190.00
Goal
$255.00