I have heaps of friends but i feel lonely all the time. why?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Shock, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

so yeah i have heaps of mates which is great but i feel very alone and lonely all the time. And, ironically, when im with my friends i can wait to be alone again. anyone else feel like this?
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I can relate to you with this. I do things with friends, but can't wait to be home and be alone.
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I used to have a lot of "friends." I don't put that in quotes to be bitter but just I don't think the friends I had were really friends. I never really let them in, though I probably convinced myself I did.

Anyway, I always couldn't wait to get home and be alone. And when I was alone, I couldn't wait to get out and be with people again. Tortorous cycle. Either way, having lots of friends, or having no friends, makes no difference. You can still be happy or unhappy either way.

There's been threads about location, having money. Ultimately. Feeling suicidal is not dependent on where you are, how much you have, how many friends you have, etc. It is not dependent on anything external.

Anyway, yea I know how you feel :hug:
  4. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Everyday I feel like that. I ignore the emails,phone calls/messages and even not answer the door when they come by....I'm a recluse....in hiding yet prefer it.
  5. Sorcery

Sorcery Member

wow I feel the same way, I want to think that my friends and I are just a poor fit but it could just be my inability to open up :hiding:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.