I have just had a shower for the first time in months

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by sosotired, Jun 13, 2007.

1. sosotired

sosotired Well-Known Member

yeehaa I feel great. :smile:
    because of my depression and other mental problems I have had difficulty in finding the motivation to shower but after failing to for like 2 months lol I just had one. :biggrin: I absolutley stunk.

I feel embarassed posting this, does anyone else have a phobia of washing? I am gonna try and have at least one a week from now on.
  2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Well done, sosotired, I don't have a phobia exactly but I do know what its like not to have the will or the energy to have a shower, no need to be embarrassed, I think you will find quite a few people here have had similar 'lapses'

Take care Hazel xx
  3. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

Not of washing, more of bathtubs... So I know some of what you're feeling at least :hug:
  4. fear1

fear1 Member

i wud of been embarrised on posting that but then again if i was afraid of water then i can understand. when depressed ppl are so drained they cant be bothered in the end to anything.

its like ive had depression for awhile but had to kick my own butt to get a job and that really did hurt lol.
  5. I'm really glad you could share this with us. You're really improving and I'm proud of you :hug: keep it up! Little steps, little goals, at first--slowly you'll make bigger leaps and maybe your whole life will turn around :smile:
    I'm really happy for you.
  6. Atticus

Atticus New Member

lol congrats!! :smile: no phobias like that actually but good for you! :)
  7. fear1

fear1 Member

like afraidofmyself said keep it going you will be motivated in no time :goodjob:
  8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

when i did not shower for a while, it was because I felt both apathetic and so little of myself that I did not deserve to feel good...great that you could do that for yourself...I found bringing my music into the bathroom made it easier for me...just a thought...big hugs