I have no clue what to do...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jaojohnson1, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaojohnson1

jaojohnson1 New Member

My life is a mess, everything is wrong.

I was 17 and having a great life when I developed OCD.

It was really bad. It started out with washing my hands then moved to the point where my mother had to help me get in and out of bed. I mean it totally crippled me. I'm 24 now and I'm so tried of trying to fix my life!

On top of this my education is lacking. I can't seem to learn anything. I have been hitting the books for math over and over and it's nothing is coming to me. I wanted to maybe try college. But maybe I have a learning disability and I'm really retarded and do not realize it?

I'm such a leech and hopeless. I wanted a good life but now I messed everything up. I'm so embarrassed and humiliated. Pathetic really, I hate it.

I go to a physiologist and all he does is recommend I take more medicine. What he doesn't understand is that before long I'll be 35 and still living the same way!

I can't stop thinking about dying and ways out of this life. Everyday I wake up wanting to die. Guys what should I do? I really want to have a life again and not give up. I am so beaten down and feel exhausted of energy.
  2. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I could have written your post. Age and education concern.

I don't know what you should do because I too don't know what to do as well.

Are you seeing a counsellor perhaps they could help getting your life back in order and living life the way you would like.

Keep us updated
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

If i may be so bold my reply will be directed in part to you both. I have a mild form of OCD which was diagnosed many years ago and have found tremendous relief via Prozac which is know for helping with depression/sadness as well as OCD.

In the beginning therapy was essential so i could understand and have my life back and so I have to say in this situation I would recommend that you go see someone for an evaluation at the very least. They can help you too with coping skills which of course neither you or I or our parents came equipped with.

I guess my point is this..there are so many options to try that that has to give you some sense of hope/

I really care so if you want to PM I am around often.

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Well you've taken a very good first step and found SF. You have a place now to vent, cry and find support. You need to find a therapist or counsellor that can really "listen" to you. Sometimes docs forget how to do that and fall back on the meds as the fast cure. Have you ever given any thought to a support group for those with OCD. You'd be amazed at others options that others have found that really work. I think it would be a great idea for you to try even just to find other resources and options. And please keep posting here. You'll be suprised to learn how many others can truly understand what you are going through. And most importantly you wont be alone anymore and find the support you've been needing for so long. Welcome to SF hun.
  5. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

I had the same thing really, anxiety ruined my life completely. say sort of ages and education too. That and I had to be a home carer for years...which wrecked my life and meant I couldn't do anytihng.

I don't know what to offer to help and I also don't want to be 35 and in the same situation..I want to be better but it seems I just can't get a break.
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

DEfinitely get a therapist that you can talk to get coping skills from that will teach you how to control these urges. Meds can help alot so tell your doctor you will need to see a psychologist who deals with this issue. Get help now while you are young so it doesn't get worse. Psychologist out there that are good and can really help you with this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.