I have no friends

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Nilez, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nilez

Nilez Member

Hello, I have no friends to talk to about this and my family is terribly abusive so I cannot speak to them. I just want to talk, I want to know someone cares a bit. And that I'll be OK someday hopefully. My partner left me, and they keep posting stuff about their new wonderful boyfriend so I can see it. I'm trans but my parents don't accept me (my mom threatened to kill herself if i dont keep pretending im a girl) and I dont live in a country in which I can be myself freely. Im so scared. My body dysphoria is unbearable, I've been dealing with it since I was 10-11. My dad lost his job and I might not be able to go to college anymore. I feel so lost. Help.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi hun. first of all try and calm down, deep breaths. One thing at a time, your mom won't accept your gender issues, in my opinion I'd say well tough mom, I am who I am but I live in a country where it's acceptable so I cannot pass judgement and wouldn't anyway. How old are you may I ask? Please try not to be scared hun. I screwed up today too but with time it will all be OK, we will always be here for you even if you do have zero friends. We care and would like to help and talk and comfort you :)

3. Nilez

Nilez Member

I'm 19 right now. Thank you for the message! It made me feel a little better

Petal likes this.
  4. Petal

You are most welcome hun. How come you have no friends? Can't you join clubs or things that you enjoy doing?

Nilez likes this.
  5. Nilez

Nilez Member

I graduated high school last year and all my friends went to college somewhere else. I lost contact with most of them. Sadly I live in a country in which English is not spoken (I went to an American school though) and communicating with people outside school is almost impossible and now that I've graduated I feel really alone.

6. Flaxney

Flaxney Well-Known Member

Have you tried joining forums for people that share similar interests? For example fans of certain genres of music.

Nilez likes this.
  7. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

How are you feeling now?

I agree, joining social or sports clubs online or IRL could be somewhere to start with meeting new people, having a common interest to start with always helps!

Also, would it be possible for you to block your ex's postings on FB? I think you can still be friends, but request to not see their stuff in your newsfeed. If you're worried that unfriending them could cause trouble?

Nilez likes this.
  8. Nilez

Nilez Member

I wonder if there are any clubs available for people who are out of school.
    That's a good idea, it might help to not see what they are up to.

9. Nilez

Nilez Member

Not yet, no, I wonder if I could find any groups. Do you have any suggestions as to how to do so if I'm not at school atm? I've never really tried to do something like this

10. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I haven't tried this myself, but I know that others have used sites like meetup.com

Nilez likes this.
  11. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I am saddened by your post as no one deserves to be alone with no friends in this world. If it helps I will be your friend. You are young and please refrain doing anything. You can see from the response we care about YOU. Like others have said, block the facebook person as you do not needed to be reminded or taunted by this person.

In terms of support, is there LGBT support group you can contact to find support and make friendships with similar people. You need to find a support group even for telephone support.

The acceptance of your transgender from parents is no doubt emotionally distressing. Sorry for being intrusive, do others members of your family aware of situation. Your mother acceptance is hard for you and her. She is using emotional blackmail to try to persuade to change your personality and appearance. In yourself, if your are happy with your condition, then please remain happy and the acceptance of others is up to them. Your own happiness is more imperative and you have to remain dignified from others who cause you hurt. People will hurt you but that is through pure ignorance on their part as they cannot accept who you want to be.

We are here for YOU at this crucial stage of life where you need support and support through what YOU are going through. I hope you realise that we care about YOU and YOU no longer need to feel alone.

Take care my friend and be strong. Keep ousting here for the support you richly deserve.

Nilez likes this.
  12. Nilez

Nilez Member

Thank you very much for your messages. I will be moving out of the country I currently live in soon so I will look for support groups and clubs wherever I move to.

The only members of my family who know I'm trans are my parents. My mom found my binder (which I'm not allowed to use anymore) and forced me to tell her and my dad. I think my little brother might know but he wouldn't bring it up and I'd rather not talk about it with him. I have a couple of long-distance friends who know though. I wish I could see them again.

13. Flaxney

Flaxney Well-Known Member

Do you communicate with your long-distance friends online?

Nilez likes this.
  14. Nilez

Nilez Member

Sometimes, they are all pretty busy with college. I really miss them but I understand they are busy.

15. Petal

Well, you need to meet new people, venture outside and see what is available or use google to find out what is on in your area, I wish you the best of luck and hope you can meet new people to hang with.

Nilez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.