I have no hope

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by onceupon, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onceupon

onceupon New Member

I have lost everything. My job. My wife. My daughter. I am trying hard to see a point in going on but there's nothing at all for me. I don't even have a home. I am staying at a friend's. But I can't forever. I don't know what to do. I want to die.
  2. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

Poor you :sad:. I don't really know what to say that will make you feel better, but I definitely don't think dying is going to make anything better. Do you have anyone that you can talk to?
  3. onceupon

onceupon New Member

Thanks for replying. I do have people to talk with. But I just can't beat my depression from this situation. The only thing keeping me above ground is the hope of seeing my daughter more often...and that I don't want to make her life worse just because mine is deplorable. I want to believe things will get better...but I don't see how...
  4. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Life sometimes deals us bad hands. It really helped me when I was in the bottom of the black hole to talk with a counselor and a psychotherapist. I wouldn't have made it without help. I'm certain I would have died. I hope you have counseling resources available. They're there to help people like us.
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Are you sure your daughter doesn't want to see you? I was in a similar state of mind when my daughter called me and said she missed me. My ex took her and hauled ass back to New York. She took the summers and gave me the winters. I was tempted to keep her here. I think you need to open her eyes. The stays in here suck! No one forced it on me.
    You need to open a clear means of communication.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It is always difficult when the family splits and children are involved. The child is the one that loses the most. Make sure you keep the lines of communication open between you and your daughter. I would hate to see her lose you. Do what you can to get back on your feet. Begin searching for work. After that you can find a place to live. It can be a new beginning. Don't give up.
  7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Are you looking for another job? It's tough but one thing everyone needs these days is money, at least that way you can still function in some way. As for family, you still have your daughter in your circle of life.

You can't see it now but in time you will see the light in the place of darkness your in.
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

If nothing else live for your daughter. That is what has kept me going for so long. Now I have a grandaughter to help keep me on the straight and narrow. Life has to get better. With my therapists help I see little pieces of light every now and then. She is living proof that things can get better. She sufferd from all the ailments you get from depression and a few others like hooking it, and stripping. One day she said thats it and she went back to school and became a therapist. Now she makes the big bucks. Education plays a big part in how you will live.
    I have a long term goal that I will become a social worker because I like to help others!! It is possible to heal yourself but it takes the help of others to accomplish it.:chopper:.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.