I have no idea what I am anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by theboywhosleptin, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theboywhosleptin

theboywhosleptin New Member

Today was my birthday, no one wanted to do anything for it. This itself wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that in the last five days I've been dumped by text message, fired from my job and had three people refuse to talk to me. I feel like these thing's all aren't so terrible and yet I have a hard time feeling anything but dead right now... I have no idea what I should do or whether I should be upset because I'm not, really I'm just so numb to it all that it makes it even worse.

And now I'm thinking about it, mostly just because if I can't even feel pain after all of that ... then whats the point anyways?
  2. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Try not to let a series of bad events discourage you. Like I told another user on here today, you don't know what the future holds. There might be something that you would hate to pass over. If you don't think I understand then you're wrong. I completely understand. I often feel numb to where I just don't know what to do anymore & I don't want to do anything about it. I've also had my series of bad events that would last months. I got into some hobbies recently that keep me occupied from getting down about bad events. Is there anything you like doing that fits with your schedule? Perhaps that'll also allow you to meet new buddies that wont ignore you. You could perhaps find a better job you enjoy more as well if you can? Not so great at advice here but I felt the need to reply to this.
  3. LoveBeing

LoveBeing Well-Known Member

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure why you feel the way you feel - maybe sometimes our body system just shut down to give us a break?

Maybe it is telling you that what you really are is not dependent on things or what’s happening in your life situation…? Maybe you want to find out what you really are then, which may be the point of life experiences??

As you know, things/thoughts/feelings always change...

With loving wishes and hugs :hug:
  4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Sometimes life will just come crashing down onto you. Often times one shock after another will stop having any meaning.

Maybe take a day or two to enjoy your new found freedom. Take a little time to become who you want to be.
  5. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Hello theboywhosleptin,

First Happy Birthday to you - i hope you all the happiness.

You say no one wanted to do anything, did you want to do something for your birthday? and if yes did you tell your family/friends?

You seem to also be feeling a bit of rejected from your job, from the three people and from the text message you received.

Dumping someone with a text message shows that the other person can't handle this very well as a text message does not include any emotions nor any conversation - some people will choose this way due to their own problems/limitations and sometimes we unfortunately have to accept this and move on.

Of course you should feel angry with these three things, anger is a valid feeling, do you feel any sadness?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.