I have no idea where to post this

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Unbound_TheWildRide, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Did I do the right thing?
    I have no idea whether or not he is okay, I can't find any contact info and the hospital can't release anything to me.

My boyfriend has been talking of suicide for about a week and a half, he OD'd last month as well. I knew he was headed that way again. And this morning, he OD'd again, while he was on the phone with me. I called him because he was supposed to call me, and I started worrying. I guess I was in the right to worry, he had just xxx when I called. He told me if I cared about him, to just let him go, but I couldn't do it, he became unresponsive while on the phone with me, so I called the cops and sent them over to his house.

They took him to the ER, but that is as much as I know. I don't even know if he is alive, I have no idea how to contact his family, and the only thing that really sticks out to me is, if he survived he is going to hate me. I just couldn't let him do it. I don't want him to hate me, but I think he will hate me just as much as he hates himself, or maybe more because I possibly stopped him.

I don't know what to do, this has me so screwed up right now. I just keep rocking and repeating "he's going to hate me" over and over again. I just hope he made it, and he doesn't hate me, and I don't start hating myself more than I already do.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...I hope he OK and realizes how fortunate he is to have you in his life...he put you in this position and hopefully he will take responsiblity for it...welcome again, J

3. Ritsu

Ritsu Well-Known Member

hello there I hope you are ok he can not hate you he needs help he would not of told you what he was doing if he did not realize somewhere in his mind he needed some help I hope these words will help you too I do not know what else I can say right now just please take care and understand he will not hate you.

4. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

If you did nothing and he killed himself, you wouldn't have a friend at all. A friend that resents you for stopping them is better than not having one at all.

Even if he does resent you for it, when he eventually recovers, he will likely thank you for what you did. Most people are grateful to have been rescued, if not immediately afterward then later.

Trust me, you did the right thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.