I have no one, I feel alone

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Light, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Light

Light Member

I am very jealous when I walk outside and see groups of friends being happy with each other. I have no friends at all and I wonder how it will be like to have friends. I have never been to the cinema with friends, never have been shopping with friends, never got out with friends because I haven't got a friend in years.

I wonder how, and where I could make friends because I feel depressed and alone. I feel like I want to die.

Can anyone give me some ways to make friends and where I could make them?
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Hi Light - welcome to SF. For a start off, on the friend front, I have made some wonderful friends in the chat here. Come in and have a conversation with us and give it a few weeks - friendships do grow here all the time.

For "real life" friends it depends how old you are and what you do I guess - if you can tell us a bit more about your age, what you like to do etc we can help you come up with some ideas to make friends.

You are not alone here
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello light and welcome to SF :) What kind of things do you like to do? I too get jealous when I see groups of people having fun or whatever and it's tough to not let it get to you. I hope you can manage to make new friends, find out what social events are on in your area, such as fitness classes, bing or whatever suits you to do. You can make some amazing friends on this website too. I sure have!

I am always around if you need a friendly listening ear! Hugs to you :)
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Welcome to SF- I have found a lot of friends here as well. As mentioned above, real life friends really depends where you are and what you like to do. If you have any activities you like , try taking a risk and going to someplace to them even alone, but go on a regular basis - same time/same days for a few weeks. Make a point of saying hi and greeting people each time and typically a conversation will follow after a time or two. Other ideas are Meetup.com or local social clubs / hobby clubs. They are hit or mioss depending on your area though for variety. Feel free to message or stop in chat and say hello if you want to chat though.
  5. Fleyy

Fleyy Member

Welcome to SF! I agree with most comments, what are you into and what do you like? Do people welcome you in their circle?
  6. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

I guess the best advice I can think of no matter what age you are is to make people feel like they're important. When your talking to them, smile and nod so they know you're listening and really pay and attention to what they're saying instead of just thinking about what you're going to say next, then ask them more so they know that your interested in what they're talking about. I hope that helps a little:)
    5 people like this.
  7. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Think about your interests and how you might find people who like the same things. Like computers-take a computer class. Like to read-join a book club. Like bike riding-join a local bike club. Then do what NYJmpMaster said. Keep going. Don't stop after one or two tries. And follow Robroy's suggestions. Listen. People LOVE to be listened to. And it can be much less scary to listen then it is to talk.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.