I have no personality

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hache, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

There's just nothing to me except constant rubbish jokes. Humour only comes out when I am in my comfort zone, if I just meet someone I am cold, boring, intimidating. This is why I've failed to make friends in far too many circumstances. I have no storys to tell, I do not express opinions, I do not have anything to talk about with anyone. If other people dont talk to me I will just sit their in silence, I have nothing to say. I hate people asking questions, particularly about how I feel or if I like something. I wont give anything but a 1 word answer. I am crap at small talk and it comes off unnatural and uncomfortable.

I constantly go on about how I need 3 elements, a career, social life, love life, but I cannot get anywhere because of my personality. Socially what is the point, when I get in the situations I am crap, I have nothing to say, I will do nothing, I'm pathetic in clubs and other things so my friends stopped inviting me out!!!! I've never had a girl because I have no personality, I cannot connect because of it, in my life, the only girls that have wanted me since I was about 14 have been the mentally weak who get cheered up by my humour, but I was never attracted to them and it took months for them to develop an attraction. Infact my best friend is only with me because my humour picked him up when he was down, once he got a life, a gf, he disappeared, then when he lost it all he came back. But my humour is all I have to say, and throughout the past 5 years I have been told its annoying them, they get sick of it. There is just nothing to me.

Some people on here who know me may say "oh you do have a personality, i have seen it" etc etc, but its not the same on the internet, hiding behind a firewall, no one can see you, say what you want, and most of you will have probably noticed I make a few silly jokes in situations as well.

I'm sick of myself now. What is the point in anything if i'm not going to go anywhere because of my personality, its making me have to work longer, harder, wait longer, just to reach certain positions. I completely rely on friends to get me more friends.
  2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

i was really touched by your post and have sent you a PM so I hope you read it.
  3. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

Yea, I know what ya mean, its hard to conceive how someone is really like, behind texts.
    But personality is something you can change, if you aren't happy about yourself, of course, that'll take some time, but it's doable.
    Another solution? You might as well just accept yourself for who you are,it's not easy, but if you got little to no stories to tell, you could join social groups like a sport or something, that's how you can develop the personality you want, plus you make connections.

4. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

thanks, i've looked for clubs and such, nothing appeals to me, i dont think I will be able to get over turning to humour just to have something to say
  5. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

I lost my personality (if that is the right word) because i could not make friends with people for similar reasons, so i never developed a social life. I dont know anything about cars, or music, or any of the things people my age usually talk about. Having no personality is really, really kak. And it hurts.
  6. kurenai

kurenai Well-Known Member

Everyone has a personality, even if its deeply buried, even if its something you resent,... everyone has something; a personality is simply the way we respond to the world and other people.

Ever since I was young, I wasn't allowed to go to other people's houses. I went to school and then home and that was it. I talked to myself and made friends with animals. I was physically and emotionally abused, so I found it difficult to relate to people 'normally'. When I got to college and tried to make friends, it didn't work out so well.

People just stay away from those they feel are different in any way, because theyre afraid of what it might mean to have a meaningful friendship or relationship with them-- they're afraid for their societal status, what others will think of them. The world is just one giant high school where most people are desperately afraid of not being considered normal... I try to stay away from them as much as possible because they're so boring anyway lol. I find that the rejects like me, and many of us at SF, make life much more interesting and livable.
  7. lachrymose

lachrymose Account Closed

that is how i am most of the time, as i am relatively rubbish at making conversations because like you, i have nothing to tell, no stories. my life is a boring one!
  8. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

thanks for the replys

I guess I shall just accept that I will never be anything more than a clown, that is my personality.

I hope everyone else can get through :hug:
  9. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I relate a lot to this thread and this is probably the reason I am a pathetic loser, depressed and think about suicide, because I am the most boring person in the world with no personality, I have never gone out and done things others have, I will never go out with friends, go to clubs, get a girlfriend, get married, have children, I'll be a lonely, useless loser, the biggest loser human being alive.

And now that I've been a personality-less loser for 22 years now, I feel confident its too late to change now and become "normal", so I have to kill myself soon before I suffer anymore being the complete reject in this society.

I've wasted my life indoors in a shell, wasting time on TV and videogames and even then, my taste in TV and videogames is boring and limited....
  10. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Im only 17 and I was thinking about this about myself. All the past just making you a cold lifeless person. I know I too have a 'lack' of personality and find it hard what to say in conversations to keep them rolling... but cmon now self-pity just puts me back in the cycle. I think the key is to come to terms with the past or in other words even though you hate what you have become you have to accept it and work up from there. Also... with no personality that means you can be anything you want. Kill the past, but learn from it. And you know inside you can be the saddest thing ever but deep down there is a buried side of you which died when you became this sad creature.

I see it that if you want to make friends you become the friend you want to meet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.