I have pcos, and have trouble coping with hormones

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Tigerlily123, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Tigerlily123

Tigerlily123 New Member

I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which lead to a to hormone in balance, causing facial hair and weight gain. Poly is I have cysts in my ovaries. And people make fun of me for having facial hair, and I am woman. I don't know how to get rid of my cysts. I went to doctor they said their is no cure, they just keep pressuring me to lose weight. If their is anyone out their with cysts in the ovaries or ovarian cancer, please help me.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Why can the doctor not remove the cyst or the ovaries all together I had my one ovary removed as the pain from cyst was horrendous
    Hope you can talk to you doc soon ask him about having the ovaries removed.

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Tigerlily. Sorry you are dealing with this disorder and with unkind people who don't understand.

I'm not sure where you live, but here is a link from the United States with information about potential treatments for PCOS symptoms. Link to article "Treatments to Relieve Symptoms of PCOS". Perhaps you could print it out and show it to your doctor?

I hope things work out. :hug:

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Losing weight does help the symptoms of pcos so that is not an unreasonable suggestion. However there are medications you can take to help as well such as metformin (used primarily for diabetes).