I have random question

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mainax, Sep 19, 2008.

Whats the main reason you want to commit suicide

1. Love/relationships

8 vote(s)
  2. Debt/life pressures

3 vote(s)
  3. General feeling of hopelessness

16 vote(s)
  4. A completly non emotional choice

3 vote(s)
  5. All of the above

37 vote(s)
  6. Other

16 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mainax

Mainax Active Member

Whats the main reason you think your want to commit suicide ?
  2. free_your_mind

free_your_mind Active Member

all of the above.
  3. Mainax

Mainax Active Member

I think alot of people will say that as one normally links to another
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

yes very much so

I think I have one major issue, and the rest kind of branch off of that.
  5. Mainax

Mainax Active Member

Me to.

If you say other would you mind stating what it is please
  6. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

all of the above.. mainly. i dont think that im here for a reason. just waiting for the end. / waiting to have the corage to end it
  7. Mainax

Mainax Active Member

No ones hear for a reason other then to enjoy themselves in my opinion, so do whatever it is that makes you happy.
  8. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

all of the above plus other, my main reason problem stems from an injury that has prevented me from being attracted to members of the opposite sex, I hav other issues as well, but this will probably make me wonder if I will be alone the rest of my life and not sure if I want to live like that, especially when before this injury I craved and needed a member of the opposite sex more then anyone in this world
  9. NeverHappy

NeverHappy Well-Known Member

All of them.
  10. Mainax

Mainax Active Member

I'm sorry for you i reallly am :|
    How does this injury work, do you no longer feel or something ?
    Or no sexual desires ?
  11. Lethal Photography

Lethal Photography Well-Known Member

This is really nit-picky of me, but "a completely non-emotional choice" should be below all of the above, as it contradicts the other emotional choices there. But anyways, for me it's all of the above except non-emotional.
  12. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

Mainly my own issues that have nothing to do with others, but all of those listed are contributing factors.
  13. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

14. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to point this out, but since you 'went there', here was my first observation: That's not a random question. Rather it is very specific, pointed question with multiple choices.

Also, IMO the "non-emotional choice" choice is not out of place for it is not then followed by an inconsistent (emotional) choice. "All of the above" accurately emcompasses... all of the the above.

Anyway, sorry yet thanks (lol!) for the distratction. I'm a writer and critical thinker who among many other things dabbles in the field of philosophy, so this was an elementary error to make.

I'm depressed as hell but don't want to die. Your topic took my mind off my mind (did you catch it) for moment.

15. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

I noticed that too, but I already made my post and did not feel like editing. I don't understand what that would mean - commiting suicide for the hell of it?
  16. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

So many factors contribute to the feelings. Both extrinsic and intrinsic things drive my thoughts and urges of suicide.
  17. Mainax

Mainax Active Member

I realised that after i posted :p
    But a non emotional choice, such as you don't feel depressed, you don't feel sad, you just feel- well that its your time to go, your 45 something and its your life, you feel completely at peace and fulfilled, and you choose to end it now.

I'm glad :)

I'm sorry wasted, i really feel for you. But life isn't all about sexual desires so there's more reasons to live :)
  18. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

Actually, there are lots of things that upset me right now. But I would say if I kill myself, it would be because I am stuck in Singapore. So there's this general feeling of helplessness.
  19. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

Dear wastedmylife,

wow... I feel for you dude. Is the injury that serious? Is there any alternative treatments you may go for? Have you tried acupuncture and chi gong and stuff?

I don't know what else to say to make you feel better... because I myself have been hurt emotionally so many times that I can't experience that feeling of love for a woman again. Physical attractions yes. But those moments have short life spans. Once or twice every few months, I would go pick up a hooker and that's that. Several short minutes in some dark room and it's over.
  20. Berry

Berry Guest

I voted 'General feeling of hopelessness'.
    But thinking about it more I should've gone for 'All of the Above'. :mellow:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.