I have some questions

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I want to have deeper understand of this disorder.

What i wonder is, how many of you actually think that you are fat. I know that many anorexic girls know that they are not fat, but they just feel fat.

I hope that this thread is not triggering.

I will appreciate any aswer. :)
  2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

That's really hard to answer. Yes and no? To other people I knew I was underweight, but I felt so fat in myself that I couldn't leave the house.
    It's like two different worlds really. That probably doesn't help at all.
  3. whiskeylullaby

whiskeylullaby Well-Known Member

i came across this thread earlier and have spent the last few hours thinking about it...i don't know if i've come up with an answer that makes any sense but i'm going to give it a try. i guess my answer is much like mel's - part of my head knows that when i look in the mirror or the scale that i am not fat, that i am actually clinically 'underweight'...but then there is a part of me that only sees the fat on my body. when i say that, i mean i actually see it. when i look in the mirror i see the outline of someone obese. i may know in my head that, what i see in the mirror isn't real, but it doesn't mean that i don't see it. so i guess for me it goes beyond 'feeling fat' its that i actually believe it, that i actually see myself as something other than reality.

so i guess my answer to your question is that yes, i actually believe that i am fat. because it is the only thing that i see in the mirror. it is the reflection of my worst self. so...there are my two cents
  4. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Hard question. I feel so fat that I sometimes think that it's true.
  5. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

well i definately dont look like a contender for biggest loser, i feel unless i can see hip bones that i am fat
  6. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing thoughts.
    As an ex cutter I know that it's hard to understand mental disorders.
  7. Erxi_Kusanagi

Erxi_Kusanagi Member

I'm the same way, I need to see hip bones, upper sides of my thigh bones, and all my ribs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.