I have "the Christmas spirit" for the first time in years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I feel like having a Christmas tree up this year with the kids' grade school ornaments on it. I have little money so won't be able to shop, but will still enjoy the 'feeling' of Christmas.

Also I was able to send my techno-daughter to MN for six day vacation with her older sister, brother in law, and nephew - and they even went to the in laws farm for Thanksgiving! (daughter really loves older sister's in laws, as do I!:smile: :smile: )

And to add to all that happiness, I just found out that my oldest is expecting again! Will have their second child next June! I'll be a grandma for the second time!!!:smile: :smile: :smile:

Well, got to go shower and get ready to go to the airport to pick her up. Her cat's been running around the house whining cause she's not here! He'll be glad to see her, as will I!!!:smile:

Today is a good day and I'm going to enjoy it!

least

itachi

I kinda wish i could get into Christmas :sad: but i get sick of all the corrporate shit asociated with it.

Really Happy That Your Getting into it though!!!!!

Love, Josh

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I don't like the "corporate Christmas" spirit either - spend spend spend.:mad: I'm happy for the true reason for the season and happy that my family is healthy and both my parents are living.

I pay no attention to the advertisers - I just block them out of my consiousness.

least

BrokenPieces

all the Ad's about christmas is hard to look at...

sometimes makes me not want to celebrate it this year to be honest...

maybe i will get my christmas joy soon...

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I just ignore the ads and corporate selling shit and enjoy it for its true meaning! I'm impervious to advertising anyway. I only buy what I need and what I can afford - with a few small exceptions...like my cheap, but beautiful little Christmas tree. Several years ago I had the Christmas spirit so intensely that I left the tree up, decorations and lights and all, til April!!:ohmy: My kids were upset about it and thought I was nuts - I am! - but I wanted it up. It made me feel good just to see it all pretty and lit up in the corner of the room!:smile:

least likely to "follow the crowd":rolleyes:
least likely to "fall for the advertisers bs":biggrin:

BrokenPieces

my joy is slowly coming...

i went to look at stuff for my boyfriend... and it got me thinking, its our first christmas together...

i cant wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00