I have to fight this - where do I begin!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I've been fighting my depression for almost 16 years now, and a few times I feel like I have almost reached the light at the end of the tunnel but suddenly been snatched back.

This time I completely fell into darkness, which has only happened once before (suicide attempt) and it almost happened again last weekend, so I feel like I am entirely back at square one.

I want to start from day one and really give it a good kicking, I want to do everything right this time, but I have no idea where to begin for some reason. I feel like I am seeing it through all new eyes even though it has been sixteen years. Maybe it's because this time I am going to win.

Hopefully someone out there has got some positive advice for me! Day one starts today. :)
  2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

I think how you go about this will really depend on your own history. What has worked for me is:

-Talk therapy(meds didnt do much for me) to find out what triggered all the cycles of depression

-Eating right and exercise(keeping my blood sugar stable has helped my moods a lot)

-A good support system from friends and family

These things helped me to get my depression under control. I wish you luck :hug: