I have to get a handle on my eating

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Anotherday, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anotherday

Anotherday Member

I'm new here and feel my eating has gotten out of control.

A bit of background...I've had the bulimia and anorexic behaviors in the past. I usually just drink, smoke and shop to deal with emotions, but I gained about 8 lbs in two weeks, which alarms me as my Dr. told me I could gain no more than 5 lbs (different issue).

Anyway, it seems like I can't stop eating. I would give anything to go on a huge binge, but I don't want to. I am trying not to go there.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to deal with this, I'd appreciate your thoughts.
  2. Crying All Time

Crying All Time Well-Known Member

I have problem with my eating too, but I don't eat. I want to be thin and I can't.
    Try to eat 5-8 times a day small portions. Don't let yourself to be hungry much because you will eat more food.
    I wish you good luck:wink:
  3. gettinhigh

gettinhigh Member

Omg i dont believe it, i just wrote like a whole box of stuff an my computer restarted lol! Ahhhh! Now let me think what it was, right. (Please computer behave) I used to have an 'eating disorder' last year i cant say it was full on but at one point i lost about 2 stone in 2 months, i would starve all day, smoke, drink buy things etc anything to take my mind off food. Then in the evening i would be SO hungry i would binge on chinese, chocolate, bread anything. Then go and be sick. Well anyway, after all that had passed i maintained a steady weight and didnt put the weight back on, although i did have a fear in the back of my mind that i might. Then the Christmas just gone came, and fuck me i put on about 6 pounds in a week! I near died!!! Then the rest of new year was spent worrying i looked fatter and if i faced the mirror side on i was convinced i looked bigger. No one else noticed a thing, my clothes still fitted an it was all in my mind. I tried to starve myself all day then eat at night, but i just wasnt sick after i ate at nights this time. So the 6 pounds is still there and im just living with it. So now i have given up even trying to move it at all (cant say i dont think about it) somedays i will pig out and eat so much i feel like im going to pop. Like, you get obsessed about eating something that tastes nice and your not even hungry! But then other days i will be busy so wont have as much. Well, anway i read that you need an extra 3500 calories a day, on top of your 2000 to gain half a pound, so god knows what i ate at Christmas lol. But, if you starve yourself then your body goes into starvation mode and you gain weight alot faster once you beigin to eat normally, you might know this already. There is days when i want to be thin, but no one has ever called me fat so i have to be happy in my own skin, plus the fact my willpower is shit and i still smoke, and drink AND that i cant be bothered wasting my time thinking about calories . If you feel like going on a big binge then just do it lol so what if you ate seven mars bars (Congrats if you can lol). If you dont binge everyday then there is no reason to worry you can put on weight. The more you think about it the more it seems like a bigger deal. If you feel like a binge then do it, it will satify your craving and you will see the next day you havent put on twenty stone. :) Ok well, good luck dont worry about it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.