I have to see a doctor about my mental health, not sure how to explain everything?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ellie Grey, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellie Grey

Ellie Grey Well-Known Member

It's a complicated mess and all to do with my education.
    Basically, I used to go to a AP school (Alternative provision) and every 6 months or so you're supposed to get a doctors note stating you're too anxious (among other things) to be reinstigated into mainstream education. I think because my mother was always neglectful about appointment I never went back to a doctor for the entire 3 years I was there, I was only ever referred back after suicide attemps.
    I slipped through the cracks so to speak. It took 3-4 months to start this new "school" after getting my doctors note.

Whilst I was in the transition of moving 20+ miles away into a different county I had to go and see a doctor (weird as I'd never gone back despite the fact I should have at least 6 appointments which I never went to) and get the note that said I couldn't go back into a ordinary education. It basically costs more money for the area to fund me to go to this school, and recently they cut the budget in half, they've been making extremely bad choices since there is so such a lack of funding.

This stupid doctor (despite the fact to my face she said she found no reason I should not stay in my current school) said I was mentally fit for school.
    She never asked me much, on my file they must have the suicide attempts, hospital admission, self harm, every time they've tried to get me going back and it's never gone successful. I saw the folder, it's a huge folder of all of my mental health history.

Either way I'm in a better funded city as it's larger, and I'm having an assessment done sometime in September to get into a new AP school in this area, they didn't explain what's going to happen as it's the summer holidays.
    It's been a while since I've talked to a doctor, besides that god awful woman back in my old town that never even asked me anything other than ask stupid questions about people taking me to school via car.

If I can't explain the depth of my anxiety and low moods to this doctor I'll be put into a mainstream education without any help, and I'm really sickened by that thought as I suffer from severe social anxiety that makes it difficult to leave the house or remain in the room of anyone of my age.
    I really need to know how to explain, but I don't trust authority figures and my panic rises and I can't think of anything. I'd avoid this if I could but if I refuse as I said I'm back into a school of 1000+

Please, does anyone have any advice on what to expect and how to explain the depth of the anxiety, and even depression/suicidal feelings that follow through?
    Sorry it's so long, thank you for any responses.
  2. Corey1221

Corey1221 Active Member

Re: I have to see a doctor about my mental health, not sure how to explain everything

I don't know the technicalities of the schools you've been in or how they work but I'm sorry this is just not working out for you. That's the issue with lots of these programs for mental health, most of the time it's just giving the person some relief then moving on to other patients. Even OCD treatments work like that, you usually get told from the beginning you'll have 6 sessions or so then you're on your own. I don't know if this helps but could you attend some of the courses online until you figure this out?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.