I have to stop cutting

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Broken_Heart, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken_Heart

Broken_Heart Active Member

Many of my friends have told me this. Ever since last summer I've had plans to stop. I went 3 weeks last year. But now its hit me. It's not that I should stop, It's that I have to.
    I'm just wondering if anyone else feels this way, or has managed to stop and has advice on doing it, or is trying and wants someone to talk to.
    If so, pm me, or reply or somehow contact me.

2. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

well done for having three weeks without self-harm, it can be a tough habit to break.

from my experience, i thought i broke the habit because i stopped for some time but recently some thing triggered me i was back to self-harming. so in my opinion if i really want to stop i have to honestly answer questions about why i do it and what do i achieve and how does it make me feel in the long run and find distractions/alternatives that I think may be helpful

if you are ready to stop i hope you all the best and good luck :)

good luck

3. Broken_Heart

Broken_Heart Active Member

thanks for replying. ill try to answer those qs, and maybe itll help.

4. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

i feel the same in a way. i have to stop, but im not sure i want to.
    well done for going three weeks without it. thats great.

its an awful addiction

5. feel the rain

feel the rain Active Member

i feel like that too. i know that i need to stop and when it gets to 18 cuts in 4 days but i dont want to because sometimes its all i have. i so hard 2 admit that you have to thought.

well done for 3 weeks the most i ever managed was 2. keep at it and you can get there

6. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Cutting gets so addicting. 3 weeks is a good achievment, though, and I know you can do it again. I'm here if you want to talk. Take care of yourself. I know you can beat this. PM anytime. :hug:

7. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Well, I've stopped, and it all thanks to my BF. he has been so supportive and just amazing. Its all about having someone to talk to.

I am here, if you would like to chat, take care :hug:

8. delargeal

delargeal Well-Known Member

I get phases with that sort of thing. So I went through a week a few weeks back where I was doing it practically every day and felt damn fucking good about it. I was addicted to it, in fact I was getting jittery at college because I was going without my harming fix.

After a week the phase ended and I kinda regret doing it. You can still just faintly see the scars on my arm but they're almost gone. Somedays I regret it more than most and some days I don't give shit and could quite happily do it again.

9. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I will send you mail in next few minutes:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.