I have to wonder

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Stormhand, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

Why is it so many ppl find it easier to be so cruel, indescent and disrepectful to to others?
    I cannot even begin to make a name list of all the ppl in my life that have done that.
    That includes my family and my friends growing up in school.

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Wow that's a question and a half! For me I'm stuck between two poles right now as far as the motives of others goes - on the one hand I tend to see people's negative actions and words as stemming from their own inner pain (whether they are aware of it or not) but on the other hand I feel so angry about the things people say and do that I get stuck in taking it really personally. I do know that often it helps to confront people who I think have hurt me in some way, try to get an understanding of why they did what they did, and let them know that they have hurt me - usually it comes down to simple unawareness rather than deliberate intention. But not always.

Having said that, I'm the last person to comment on how to sort this stuff out, so all I can really say is that I feel for you, and that if you keep posting about how it all makes you feel, at least you know you'll be heard and understood here. :hug:

3. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

sometimes you have to be do it for survival in this ugly life...when everybody against you, you can show that you are weak or they will bite you...

4. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

If only we knew the answer to that question. The world is screwed and many are cruel.

5. Stormhand

Then what if the whole point of it is to hurt you?

6. Stormhand

School was the worst for that.
    When I was a kind I was so sheltered at home.
    I had a hard time knowing how to respond to thing, especially when I got put on the spot in school and made a total fool of.
    And there was kinds that got off in doing crap like that.

7. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

same as me