I have trouble crying.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by nobody man, Jan 3, 2011.

1. nobody man

nobody man Well-Known Member

I have a hard time crying. I love the way crying feels and I love the way I feel relieved afterward, but I just can't do it anymore. I used to cry all the time but now it's so hard. I'm a very emotional guy so it's not even a macho thing.

Here's what happens:
    I get emotional and all worked up and my eyes start welling up with tears but that's as far as I get. I feel them brimming so I start concentrating on pushing out the tears, but that distracts me and makes me less sad so the tears start to go away. It's actually pretty funny.

I think it's funny but it still really sucks. I "half cry" (like the above) about once a month but I've only REALLY cried 3 times in the past 2 years.

Anybody else have this problem (perhaps not the same exact thing I have but otherwise), I wouldn't think it's a common one. Any possible advice?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I used to feel like if I started crying I would never stop...so I stopped crying...it was so frustrating and hurtful...I had to try with little wimpers and it did lead to crying again...J