I haven't been bullied in a while.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by eagles_fan, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagles_fan

eagles_fan Well-Known Member

But I'm going to start college soon, and I can't help but feel I'm going to be treated like shit again soon.

It always happens. I'm like naturally opposed to the arrogant bully types. I'm going to be treated like shit again soon and I'm going to hate it.

I was bullied in 9th grade and 12th grade, oddly enough, in the exact same room, at the exact same table. I hate bringing it up, because I feel like whenever I bring up how I feel like shit, it only makes people hate me more.

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi eagles_fan,

Nice to meet you. I just have a few questions: are you going to be living in a dorm? How about driving a car on campus?

I think college is going to be a different kind of atmosphere. You will choose which classes you take, when you take them, etc. It won't be like high school where you eat in the same cafeteria and at possibly the same time as everyone else and likely have classes with people you've seen in your grade for years. You have your own dorm, and outside of class time, you have time of your own. Maybe all of the aforementioned could make it less likely that you have any bullies. I hope bullies won't go out of their way to pick on you in this environment.

I'm going to be a first-time freshman in mid-August when college starts too, although I spent 1 year at a community college during 2010.

Best wishes,

Alex

P.S. If you are a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles (guessing you are from your name), congratulations on acquiring two more Pro-Bowl cornerbacks to go with Asante Samuel, signing Vince Young to a one-year contract, and overall having a pretty darn solid off-season so far. :)

3. eagles_fan

eagles_fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I already know all of that stuff. Thank you very much. It's just that I never underestimate the potential of people to be assholes.

P.S. I took this name from the band The Eagles when I still liked them. lol

4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Oh! The Eagles! That's a band that my parents like. :D Ahh, I'm sorry if I was redundant in that post. I didn't realize that you knew all of this already.

Hmm.. I want to be cautiously optimistic that you won't have as much trouble in college with bullies as you did in high school.

Anyways, I wish you well in college. I really do.

5. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

college/uni is VERY different from high school. you have a LOT more freedom to come and go as you please and do what you want. and you might not end up seeing the people that bullied you ever again, unless they're going to the same place as you. when i left high school, i went into uni knowing no one at all, because i was more or less the only person going there.

it's good because it lets you start fresh, if you so choose. there will always be people that are arseholes but the world is not made up of good people and arseholes -- it's too black and white. good people can do things that make 'em bad but it doesnt inherently make them a completely bad person.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that college is sooo different from high school and its a LOT easier to avoid people that you dont like, but because you get to see so many other more people its also in some ways easier to meet people you DO like.

TDM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.