I honestly never thought I'd see myself back here.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by SeperatedOne, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeperatedOne

SeperatedOne Active Member

I joined this site when I was about 14/15 and and felt like I had no control over my life, things soon changes and then a bit later, now 17 years old, here I am, right back where I started.

Hello I'm Em, I have anxiety and anorexic/bulimic tendencies, I have no idea what I'm doing with my life or my body and I'm too stubborn to admit I need help.

I also want to be the help that nobody ever offered me, so I am always here to talk, always. It pains me knowing that there is someone somewhere hurting.
  2. LexiRN

LexiRN Active Member

Hi Em. I am a recovered anorexic and current bulimic who suffers from anxiety and depression. I even attempted suicide on Monday due to these problems. Obviously, I survived and I don't quite know how I feel about that. I just wanted to say hello and that I think I understand a bit where you are coming from :)
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Welcome back and I wish it were under better circumstances...what will it take for you to get help? It seems that we can only do so much for ourselves without guidance...you deserve to feel better, and from what you have written, you have a good heart and are a good person...maybe you have struggled enough...please consider speaking to your family doctor or which ever professional you feel most comfortable...are you parents supportive or do you have a family member that you can confide in? Welcome back and glad you thought to join us again
  4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Em. I am sorry things are so challenging right now. Ano/Bulimia are tough because they do cause people to have such huge resistance (as you call it "stubborn"), if you know what I mean. i think its the condition that causes people with eds to be stubborn. I have been accused in the past of being ano. I was a starver. So the people were likely right. And many people I love very much are anorexic / Bulimic. Its a tough one. But I can tell you this. The people who help in the greatest way are the people who have had the condition and worked to recover. They have been there. So they know. And they have worked on the recovery. So they understand in a way others do not.

If you want to be the help that no one offered you, and I really believe that you do, then will you seek the help to recover? So you can offer that help from the perspective of someone who is dedicated to healing and recovery. You are worth that. And there are lots of people out there who need someone who wants to help others. People who are going, or who have gone through the healing and recovery process. Eventually you could even dedicate your life to helping other people. But first things first. I know its scary. But you do have the desire to help others. So that may offset the fear or stubborness.

I am really glad you are here. Because only people with a good heart want to help others.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.