• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I honestly want to die

bunny011

I’ve done something really, really stupid. I could use some support now, more than ever. I haven’t eaten for days, I don’t drink water and I can’t get out of bed. I am 16. I shoplifted for the first time ever, and got caught. My parents know and aren’t really mad at me, but I feel such a burning rage towards myself. I only lay in bed and I haven’t talked to my family that much. Looking for help outside of my room ISN’T a possibility, I am not looking for more trouble EVER again. I can’t sleep at night because of what I have done. There isn’t one minute where I don’t think about it. I’m very scared that I’ll k1ll myself because of all the stress and anxeity this has caused me. I have only myself to blame, this was really fucking stupid and I regret it more than words can explain. I am going to get called to a meeting with the police and my dad. It’s so fucking bad and I don’t know what to do. I do very well at school and I have never had any problems with it. I have NEVER in my life commuted a crime before. This was so impulsive, and stupid. I can’t think about anything else. I have no control of the consequences, but I am trying so hard to control it. Fuck fuck fuck I want to die

Last edited by a moderator:

The Tigress ♡

✮ You are worth it ✮
Chat Pro
Hey @melinesere *hug First up, I really admire you for your self accountability. Not everyone feels bad for what they have done, even if it seems minor, it is important that you acknowledge your mistake. So well done. I am sorry to hear that you are feeling very bad about yourself right now.
I suggest that you learn to forgive yourself, don't be so hard on yourself anymore. You are young. There are so much more to learn. Luckily this was not an enormous mistake. Just take it and learn from it. Don't repeat the same mistake, again since you know that your actions will definitely hurt yourself, your family and possibly your social life.

Take care now and I wish you all the best. We are here for you.

Light and strength. Stay strong. *hug*hug10

Anonymous ID

You sound like a good person that just got caught up in the moment. I'm not saying forget it, I'm saying learn from it and move on. Instead of laying in your room punishing yourself, get out and do some good deeds to make up for your mistakes and make you feel better about yourself. Forgive yourself before you kill yourself

Hey melinesere , we all do stupid mistake and I am glad that you acknowledge your mistake . I can understand your feeling and tbh guilt feeling suck and I know you feel terrible but hang on there buddy ,you have positive attitude , atleast you know you made mistake and acknowledgin it. Talk to your parents buddy they are not mad at you , your are bright student . We all do stupid mistake the thing is only honest and caregeous acknowledge it and those who does that are real hero. I know right now you are thinking about different different things and making your own conclusion but hang in there buddy this will pass too bud,just stra strong there is always a a beautiful sun rise after a dark night and just wait for that , this shall pass too .

bunny011

Hey melinesere , we all do stupid mistake and I am glad that you acknowledge your mistake . I can understand your feeling and tbh guilt feeling suck and I know you feel terrible but hang on there buddy ,you have positive attitude , atleast you know you made mistake and acknowledgin it. Talk to your parents buddy they are not mad at you , your are bright student . We all do stupid mistake the thing is only honest and caregeous acknowledge it and those who does that are real hero. I know right now you are thinking about different different things and making your own conclusion but hang in there buddy this will pass too bud,just stra strong there is always a a beautiful sun rise after a dark night and just wait for that , this shall pass too .
This is torturing me. I simply cannot accept it and I don’t know what to do. I’m so so so scared of how the police will react and what they will say. I deserved this but it’s just so freaking hard to deal with.

bunny011

You sound like a good person that just got caught up in the moment. I'm not saying forget it, I'm saying learn from it and move on. Instead of laying in your room punishing yourself, get out and do some good deeds to make up for your mistakes and make you feel better about yourself. Forgive yourself before you kill yourself
How do I get out of this mental state, it’s torture. I am not the victim here, I made this mistake. I am just really desperate for help

SillyOldBear

SF grey-haired bear 🐻
Staff Alumni
@melinesere I got caught shoplifting when I was about your age. Boy did my parents get angry. I was punished, but not excessively. Knowing I had disappointed them was the worst. But be kind to yourself. You will get past this. I did. It will take a bit of time. But it will pass. Just promise yourself that you will never do it again. And be grateful that you feel bad about it. That shows that you really are a good person. *hug

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I think you are just feeling acute embarrassment at being exposed and having the spotlight on you *hug Also the fear of possibly being charged by the police, but I think this is very unlikely given its a first offence and your young age. I

I don't think anything further will come of it, and your embarrassment and shame will die down. You have discovered you are imperfect, but you're allowed to make mistakes, and the one you made is pretty trivial on the scale of things. It doesn't make you a bad person and you can learn from this experience what not to do in future, so turn this negative into a positive life lesson, and move on.

Last edited:

bunny011

@melinesere I got caught shoplifting when I was about your age. Boy did my parents get angry. I was punished, but not excessively. Knowing I had disappointed them was the worst. But be kind to yourself. You will get past this. I did. It will take a bit of time. But it will pass. Just promise yourself that you will never do it again. And be grateful that you feel bad about it. That shows that you really are a good person. *hug
Thank you, it’s nice to not feel alone. I will never step a foot in that store ever again, and I will never ever do something like this again. I might get charger with a ”warning”, as it is called here in Sweden. Im really worried about the social workes tho, they will get involved. My plan is to say everything as it is, I won’t lie bc that will get me deeper in my shit.

bunny011

I think you are just feeling acute embarrassment at being exposed and having the spotlight on you *hug Also the fear of possibly being charged by the police, but I think this is very unlikely given its a first offence and your young age. I

I don't think anything further will come of it, and your embarrassment and shame will die down. You have discovered you are imperfect, but you're allowed to make mistakes, and the one you made is pretty trivial on the scale of things. It doesn't make you a bad person and you can learn from this experience what not to do in future, so turn this negative into a positive life lesson, and move on.
No, actually I’m not embarassed. There are just too many teens that make the same stupid mistake as I did. My parents haven’t yelled at me and such, so they didn’t make me feel embarassed. I’m just so angry at myself. I can only let this go, breathe out and move on with my life after the worst is over, the meeting with the police.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Like I said, it's very unlikely it will go any further than a stern talking to by the police, given your age and your good record, and you will have your dad there to support you as well. It's definitely not something so bad that you should think about suicide.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I’ve done something really, really stupid. I could use some support now, more than ever. I haven’t eaten for days, I don’t drink water and I can’t get out of bed. I am 16. I shoplifted for the first time ever, and got caught. My parents know and aren’t really mad at me, but I feel such a burning rage towards myself. I only lay in bed and I haven’t talked to my family that much. Looking for help outside of my room ISN’T a possibility, I am not looking for more trouble EVER again. I can’t sleep at night because of what I have done. There isn’t one minute where I don’t think about it. I’m very scared that I’ll k1ll myself because of all the stress and anxeity this has caused me. I have only myself to blame, this was really fucking stupid and I regret it more than words can explain. I am going to get called to a meeting with the police and my dad. It’s so fucking bad and I don’t know what to do. I do very well at school and I have never had any problems with it. I have NEVER in my life commuted a crime before. This was so impulsive, and stupid. I can’t think about anything else. I have no control of the consequences, but I am trying so hard to control it. Fuck fuck fuck I want to die
please don't distress yourself so much. at your age we all do/did stupid things. and shoplifting is a crime that most kids commit at least once. the important part is that you learned your lesson. not taking care of yourself will only make things worse. and if you haven't gotten in trouble before the meeting with the police should go pretty well. and if you go to court being your first offense you will probably get probation or community service. yes this is serious but if it's an isolated incident it's not a major deal. talk with your parents about it and how you feel please...mike...*hug*shake

bunny011

Like I said, it's very unlikely it will go any further than a stern talking to by the police, given your age and your good record, and you will have your dad there to support you as well. It's definitely not something so bad that you should think about suicide.[/QUOT
Like I said, it's very unlikely it will go any further than a stern talking to by the police, given your age and your good record, and you will have your dad there to support you as well. It's definitely not something so bad that you should think about suicide.
please don't distress yourself so much. at your age we all do/did stupid things. and shoplifting is a crime that most kids commit at least once. the important part is that you learned your lesson. not taking care of yourself will only make things worse. and if you haven't gotten in trouble before the meeting with the police should go pretty well. and if you go to court being your first offense you will probably get probation or community service. yes this is serious but if it's an isolated incident it's not a major deal. talk with your parents about it and how you feel please...mike...*hug*shake
i don’t think i’ll go to court. im not sure that it will happed but if it does idk what ill do. to me this is very serious and i regret it more than words can describe

bunny011

Generally speaking a little bit of shoplifting really doesn't harm anyone. No need for the guilt.
i know, but what if social services get involved? what if i get sent to court? what if i get a record(which will happend either way)? what do i tell them? how do i explain that i made an impulsive desicion in the moment? what will the tell me? how will my dad react to all of this when we are there?

bunny011

Idk, I’m just not thinking. I can’t think about forgiving myself when I haven’t even accepted that I have done this yet. I don’t think I ever will

Legate Lanius

i know, but what if social services get involved? what if i get sent to court? what if i get a record(which will happend either way)? what do i tell them? how do i explain that i made an impulsive desicion in the moment? what will the tell me? how will my dad react to all of this when we are there?
Irrelevant since you can't change that, just assume the worst will happen and try to find peace.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00