I hope my friends maybe do come across this site when I'm gone

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ace, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I'LL tell you why so they can have some fuckin idea about what the suffering was like and that it was no fuckin picnic,yes I will choose to make the right choice in R.I.P yes resting in fuckin peace and they can fuckin remember if they like what might've been if they give a shit.They probably wouldn't I couldn't give a fuck if they or anyone else doesnt.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Hun, I know how angry it can make a person feel when they feel no one understands or cares. I'm sure your friends care but understanding someone elses pain and distress is difficult unless they have experienced it themselves. Also, even if someone has experienced it when they are feeling better they dont want to be reminded of that time.
    It's not that they don't care hun its probably more a case of 'if we ignore it it will go away'.

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It sounds, to be honest, like you really care whether people care or not, and that is good. It sounds like you desperately want them to care, and want them to help you, that they will reach out maybe. I could of course be wrong there, so feel free to connect me, I just know that anger is a cover emotion for other emotions.

Maybe you could write to these people, a letter, or e-mail or whatever, telling them whats going on for you, maybe try educating them as to what they could do to help you. Maybe you could show them this rant and explain how you feel about it.

No one can ever understand someone else, but some people can relate, depending on their experiences. This might sound stupid, but have you told your friends what's going on? Sometimes the suffering is so great to that person that they expect everyone else to almost be able to see it radiating form them. Some people need telling that others are suffering, so maybe you could try being totally honest and blunt with them.

Hang in there honey

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Sometimes people may notice someone else is in pain, but they have no idea how to respond to it. They think if they forge ahead as if everything were okay, they will change and be okay. Your friends probably do care and may choose to help if they only knew how. Don't give up all hope because of their apparant lack of concern. Their ignorance is sad. Maybe they need you to educate them. Tell them how you feel and why. How it is effecting your life. Maybe only then will they understand, and if they don't, you are no worse off than in the current situation. I am glad you at least have SF to come to and speak your feelings. This is a constant. Continue to use it. Thinking of you. :hug:

5. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

This issue's perplexing. Personally, I don't feel it's fair to burden them with the onslaught of my own problems. Especially when we're not even that close anyways. I can't call them my friends. They're just mere acquaintances. People you see in class and exchange formalities when you pass by on the street.

6. Stigma

Stigma Member

hmmm i more than anyone i kno hate cliches but i do have to say i know what you mean when you say what you say what you say Ace. I hope people come across this site after Im gone too so they can understand how seriously I despised my life. Someone told me that suicide is selfish. Well isnt it more selfish to wanna have that person around knowing that they're truly unhappy on earth and it will genuinely make them happy once they go ahead with their plans? Someone also told me that those who commit suicide end up going straight to hell for doing so. But isnt the person whose life is unbearable hell in itself? I dont know if that's true or not cuz Im not a religious person, I can't believe in the existence of "God" when the things that happen in this world happen. Nothing can really be more painful than this. As far as I see it, my lifetime here prepared me for hell. Hell is a place of physical torment and pain. Ive been going through an unrelenting lifetime of emotional and mental anguish so physical pain will be welcomed as long as it takes my mind off of how shitty my life has been despite countless efforts to "look on the bright side", "move on" etc.
    Bottom-line Ace, make the right decision I guess. Im not in the position to help anyone out.:dry:

7. asvt

asvt Well-Known Member

Atleast you have friends I have no one

8. GhostOfYou

GhostOfYou Well-Known Member

Aww, I know how you feel. I'm here for you, please don't give up. I'm here for you.
    Don't give up, okay? You'll get through it.

-GhostOfYou

9. ace

ace Well-Known Member

It just shits me so much they don't understand what depression is like and you know what?they had the gore to make fun of an Australian sportsman who suffer's from Bi polar which really upset me.All they know is the simple life sorry to say I've tried for long anough and now it's time to go.:sad: :mad:

10. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

:hug: I don't think anyone can understand if they haven't experienced it themselves. And I think most people are to scared to say something wrong, so they avoid talking about it. That's how my friends say that they feel. We can talk about my mental problems when we're drunk, and they take care of me when I loose it, but the next day it's like it never happened. They don't even notice that I'm pulling away from them. I hope they don't blame themselves when I'm gone. :unsure:

11. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

No one can ever understand someone else, and you cant ever expect anyone to. People can empathise with what you tell them, and others may be able to relate, but you can't expect anyone at all, EVER, to understand.

Ever think that they make fun of it because it scares them? Have you tried to educate them? Shown them websites about it, etc?

12. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Ace...sorry you are feeling so awful...what would you want them to understand? maybe by expressing it here, you will be able to express it to someone in your group of friends who you think is compassionate...plez stay safe and know how much we care about you...big hugs,Jackie

13. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Yes I know they don't understand and I don't mean to be or sound vindictive,I'm just so tired of this wretched shit feeling I can't go on like this no more it hurt's so much.:sad:

14. Stigma

Stigma Member

i did a dumb move by letting people on that i am going to do it soon.
    they expressed anger and other emotions and considered it a "selfish" move on my part. but they will go through their period of grief and at times they will think that it was partly or mostly their fault. it's part of the grieving process.

15. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Sorry Scum but seriously like showing them websites like they'd care or really be interested given the ignorance they've already shown.Sorry to sound like such an arsehole but there's no point in showing or trying to educate them with anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.