I hope this isn't a sign

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ~Heather~, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Heather~

~Heather~ Well-Known Member

While at work I keep hearing these voices.
    I work around a lot of people so at first I didn't pay too much attention. But then I noticed how it was a lot like a loud whisper which alarmed me. As they keep happening they get more audible but still in a whispering tone.
    I'll be in the back room alone and hear it, it'll say my name.
    I'll be up front and hear it but no one else does. It's like they're right next to me.

But when I'm home it doesn't happen, so I find it all very confusing.

They haven't said anything of significance, just my name or something brief I can't make out. Plus it isn't all the time in fact it was only this weekend so I can't say I'm terribly worried.
    What bothers me the most is the voice is female, and it sounds so familiar.

It doesn't sound like anyone I know who has passed away so I'm not sure I can say it's paranormal or anything. I'm considering going to a doctor because I have had some head aches, but if it were a brain issue wouldn't it be happening all the time? And I'm not sure if I'm depressed enough for me to hear voices, but then again I don't know how to measure a level of depression.

I guess I would just like some suggestions or know if anyone else has had something like this when they are upset. And should I see a doctor? I'm afraid they may take it the wrong way :unsure:
  2. Darkness Inside

Darkness Inside Account Closed

Hmm... your fine. Its not as serious as mine, you read my thread about being confused about a voice?
  3. ~Heather~

~Heather~ Well-Known Member

I know it isn't that severe, but I'm worried it may get worse if it starts telling me things.

I'm actually worried it's a cist in my brain caused by a parasite I ate from sushi and that since my immunities are low from not eating it took hold on my brain causing these hallucinations and terrible migranes. I know I get really paranoid...

The headaches can be explained by my fall allergies, I'm not sure about the balance though. I hope it's like an ear infection or something.
  4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

If it's upsetting you then you should address it. It's unproductive to compare 'seriousness'.

I suggest carrying a little note book around with you, write down the time, place, duration when you start hearing the voice and and if you can understand anything write that down too.

Auditory hallucinations can be the result of so many different things (both mental and physical) so i think seeing your doctor is a good idea. From there you can decide a plan of action.
  5. assek

assek Well-Known Member

this is a great suggestion...

i think you should see your doctor, dont wait until it gets worse. you will probably be thinking about it a lot which will make you feel more anxious and depressed, so do have a chat with your doctor *hugs*
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

The reason you only hear it at work might be because you are under pressure..See your doctor.. They have meds that control the voices.. I'm not skyzo but my pdoc has me on meds for the voices..I also see shadows and the med helps with them..See your doc as soon as possible..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.