I... I don't know....

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by JaneJohnDoe, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaneJohnDoe

JaneJohnDoe Member

I have a lot of problems... My mom yells. All the time. She always yells about how we never do anything, even though we're TRYING, we really are. My dad.. he used to be abusive, now he's out of the picture. I am so depressed and a lot of the time I feel like no one likes me and that they shouldn't. Because I'm not worth it. I'm not. I don't know how to cope with this. I can't cut. My friend made me promise. He... he cares. But I feel like I bug him with my problems and the last thing I want to do is bring someone else down with me. I mean there's nothing he can do... I just... I can't keep going like this! I'm a pretty bad person anyway.. I dunno what to do... I want to be happier. I want to be WORTH something. I know that this problem could be fixed with therapy...maybe... but I can't afford it. I don't trust therapists anyway.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOU are worth it and YOU are important and special ok You can talk to a school councillor hun your own doctor to see what is available in your community that is free.
    Your mom her yelling is not good she obviously has problems of her own hun but that does not make it right she should not be taking it out on you.
    Keep talking to us too okay let us know how you are doing hugs

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Since I don't know your location, it's difficult to give advice but if you're in the U.S., then cost of therapy is somewhat a non issue. Most states have funded MHMR programs that work through state funded insurance (which you can apply for it you don't have money), and/or on a sliding scale. Perhaps your mom yells a lot because she is having issues as well and while it seems directed at you, she is possibly struggling too. To be worth something to someone else, we all must be worth something to ourselves first. Both the therapy and the self worth would be the first steps I would take in your situation to work toward potential wellness.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Wow your situation sounds so much like mine...my mom just gets mad at me, about my depression and whatever else. My friend is probably the only one who cares if I live or die...but I feel bad about betraying him by choosing death, and I hate putting all of my problems on him. I don't know if I can trust therapists either, because whenever I talk about my problems to people, they don't understand or make fun of me. Sorry I talked about myself so much, I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone in this. You can talk to me anytime you need someone to talk to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.