I....I....I just don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luliby

Staff Alumni
I am sorry you are hurting so much at this time. Calling a hot line is a good idea. Also, reaching out to us and sharing with us your thoghts and feelings can help sort this out.

Suicidal thinking is a lot like obsessive feeling. It's an intrusive thought that keeps pestering us over and over.. its relentless and frustrating. But with all obsessive thoughts is has a shelf life. That is, if you can tolerate is for a while, maybe an hour or more, you can get through it. Like all obsesive thoghts the more you try to avoid it or poush it away the stronger it gets. rather, admiting to yourself and us that you ar having them, knwing most of us on this website understand and can relate to your delema, and that you and I both know death is NOT the aswer.. its just a belief or perception. This belief or perception is born from depression/ anxiety.

Be well,
Judy

Last edited by a moderator:

Luliby

Staff Alumni
How are you doing? Have you been able to distract your thoughts from suicidal thinking to something else? Have you been able to put the thoughts behind you? have you called a hotline and received intervention?

Just want to know how you are doing. :unsure:

be safe,
Judy

T

thecleric

Calling a hot line is a good idea. Also, reaching out to us and sharing with us your thoghts and feelings can help sort this out.
I disagree. Those hotlines can never offer anything but the most generic advice. And relying on fora like this isn't any better--SF is just a mental hospital with the patients in charge.

I don't have any suggestions for the original poster. Plenty of things that don't work. But if I knew anything that did, I certainly wouldn't be hanging around here.

I agree with the person who said those hotlines suck. I mean, sure they may offer some short term fragile sense of stability but in the long run they don't accomplish anything except for momentary comfort. <mod edit: bunny - encouraging illegal activity>

I'm serious. :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:

kath

i just wanted to say welcome and wondered how you are doing now too?i hope to see you around soon.Well done for bieng brave enough to post.i/we are here for you.

Take care and best wishes for now
kath

Jodi

Staff Alumni
welcome to the site, I would just like to mention that if you are feeling extremely suicidal then call your local emergency room....they can help too....please let us know how your doing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00