1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I juat can't take this any more

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by heartland, Jan 27, 2013.

  1. heartland

    heartland New Member

    I was married for 30 years and my marriage went sour. Now my ex wants me back again for what I don't know other than so that he can emotionally, mentally and physically abuse me. I have been controlled most of these 30 years that I've been with him. I have talked to my therapist and she agrees that it would not be a good idea for me to move back in with him. I mean come on he lives in my house and I live in a one bedroom apartment. We still own a business together, so their always has to be that constant contact which annoys the heck out of me. I just can't take anymore of his crap. Does anyone have any ideas as to how get away from him for good. I would like to have my 4bdrm house back but is it worth fighting over. I don't know I'm just being driven crazy by this whole mess.
  2. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    Definantely do not go back to this guy loser. You hun if you can just block all msg from him shame you cannot sell you half of the business to him and walk away start somewhere new. He should be in the dam apartment and you in the house Hope you can stay clear of him hun
  3. Acy

    Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

    Heartland, I'm sorry to hear of the tough situation. If you are sure that you do not want anything to do with him anymore, then maybe you could find out what the law in your country says about separation, divorce, and division of property/finances. Where I live, many lawyers offer a free 1/2 hour to start, and there are also some legal aid offices if one cannot afford to retain a lawyer. One of the good things about getting a lawyer is that you don't have to confront the ex all the time - the lawyer does the talking.

    Also, as Total Eclipse notes, there might be a way to divide or sell the business and you can start over anew...and a lawyer can look out for your rights in that, too.

    All the best. Post again and let us know how things are going if you want. Be safe!