I just can"t stop eating....it makes me not so depressed

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by gravedigga89, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gravedigga89

gravedigga89 New Member

I am 21 year old and just eating all the time. I can"t handle the things in my life so I eat and eat nad eat more....I can"t even throw up all the food...I need help.I need some advice or just a one voice that it is not only my problem....please...say anything.....:unsure:
  2. Screaminginsilence

Screaminginsilence Well-Known Member

I over eat, alot, when i feel crap.

What are you eating, when do you over eat, why do you think you are overeating?
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Same problem, seems its a comfort thing, the more miserable I am the more I eat...so now very over weight :blink:
    Have decided that not eating isnt an option so am going for the healthy option, everytime I feel an attack of the nibbles its rivitas, apples, celery or carrots :laugh:
  4. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

I've been a comfort eater for about 40 years and now my weight is affecting my health so I have to do something about it.
    Trouble is I always use my weight as an excuse for not having a partner but when I lost shed loads of weight a few years ago I was still unloveable so back the weight went on.
    Comfort eating is as much an addiction as any drug and just as much a coping mechanism. That's why diets don't work - they don't address the underlying issues.
  5. KimKim

KimKim Well-Known Member

let's see if i can help you..
    i have no eating disorder, but when i try to lose weight i tend to overdo it and when i'm down, i eat way to much...(just for the record: today i'm 64kg and 168cm tall)

a few tips that could help you:
    1. remember: the 3rd cooki tastes just like the first one...you don't have to eat 3 to taste it.
    2. try to eat as slowly as possible
    3.when you fell you lose control and can't stop eating,get up and drink a glass of water.
    4.drink water all the time. that makes you full so you can't eat that much
    5. I know it's mean bt try to stick with healthy food...at least try...
    6.eat "negativ food". Thats food that burn more calories than it contains. for example aples. tomatoes, grapefruit and a lot more things which i don't know the english name of xD
    7. keep yourself buzzy. as long as you're buzzy, you don't think of food^^

hope it helps
  6. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

You took my words!!! But it's okay, im tired of writing:p I have been such a failer myself and that's hard, I know. Specially in the beginning, I was like crazy I told myself not to, but went to the store and did it anyway, why??! Though it's easier now maybe I have those problems some days when life isn't goes the way it were planned.
    I would say the savior for this drama is WALKS, and SOMEONE, or something that keeps you for being alone.
  7. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

^^ Good tips above,:smile: I try not to:
    - Don't have too much food around, don't have chips, candy, sweets around to munch on.
    - Fruit fills you up quite well, couple bananas or apples really hit the spot.
    - Keep your hands busy, I tend not to be hungry when I'm on the computer or reading or doing crosswords, etc.
  8. TimmyP

TimmyP Well-Known Member

Eating is my vice of choice too. Today I've already eaten pancakes and sausage, a full plate of turkey dinner from yesterday's leftovers, a whole frozen pizza,a large homemade brownie with butter-cream icing, a bag of munchos, and now I'm working on a bulk container of gummi bears. You're not alone here.

Ever since I stopped smoking weed and drinking 5 years ago, I've gained 90lbs. In that same time, I became much less sociable. As a result, I spend alot more time alone at home(with lots of food). There is nothing else in my life that brings me pleasure, besides masterbating(too much info, I know). Sorry, I have no solution for you(or myself).

I can't see myself changing unless I could find something that could replace the feeling I get when I eat. Some people that excercise all the time say they get a great feeling after they have finished a hard work-out. That might work, but it would take awhile before I could reach that point. Especially since I work long hours, I'm lazy, and I'm full of excuses. Being busy does help me. I don't eat nearly as much at work. Maybe try a new hobbie. Video games or poker maybe. I don't know, whatever keeps you busy. You and I have to change, or we will be miserable unitl we die of a heart attack at 35. Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.