I Just Cannot Hold Peoples Interest

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Forgotten_Man, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I don't know why it is, but these days I am lucky if I get more than one PM or hear back from anyone at all. Everyone just seems to lose interest in me. I guess it is because I do not really remain active on any forum. I just come to them and bitch and leave.

Any advice on how to fix this? It is very demoralizing to come to some place looking to try and make a new friend, and just to have it all thrown back in your face.
  2. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it gets thrown back in your face but you have to remember that people on this forum have a lot of problems also, sometimes friendship can be difficult especially on the net. I am here if you need to talk though I'm a problem solver when it comes to others, but a raving hysteric when it comes to solving my own!
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I would say it is due to your sporadic presence. So many people come then go around here that sometimes I find my self hesitant to make a meaningful connection right away.

I make myself post a bit every day for two reasons. One I tend to isolate and I am trying to break that habit. Two, I figure if I am a known presence on here then when I need help others will know a bit about me and thus be able to reply a bit better to me.

If you need a friend I am here for you, I would love to get to know you better so PM me and I will get back to you for certain.
  4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

@A_pixie: Yeah I just wonder because there was a time when I had many online friends all over the world.

@Bambi: I try to come here every day... I just worry about crossing the line with my replies. But I guess I need to have a presence some where before I can really make new friends.