I just can't be pleased

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Ronnoc3, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Ronnoc3

Ronnoc3 Active Member

I sometimes get the feeling my brain can't process me being happy, every time something i want happens i no longer get pleased by it.
    There was this girl i was literally in love with for the good part of 3 years, i spent every night thinking about her. She had said she wasn't interested so i just grew to rely on the images in my head and hoped one day she would love me too, i think i may have posted on here about it a fair few times.

Well we both ended up good friends in the end, i thought i was pretty much over her, it was the first time i had been single and not hoped she would want to go out with me. But then out of no-where she told me she was in love with me and always had been and suggested we should get together. Obviously i agreed

So now we have been together for about half a year and I'm not sure how i feel about the relationship and us. I mean i love her to bits but... I just don't ever feel like i want to see her if that makes sense. The thought of being with her forever and never being with anyone else is starting to scare me and I'm not sure if I'm only with her because i wanted her for so long.

I really don't know what to do, I'm so in love with her, I can't picture life without her and yet she drives me crazy and i hate spending much time with her.

2. Trust me mate. You hold her tight and never let her go. It will haunt you forever. I promise you. You will never forget your first love.

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Yep, this is how marriage usually is. :tongue: But seriously, it sounds to me like you're with this girl because you were longing to be with her for about 3 years and when you finally achieve your goal, you realize that she's just not that fun to be around. The problem is that in your mind, you believed that she was the perfect person and she would be the perfect lover, but now that she hasn't lived up to your unrealistic ideal (as no one could), you start resenting her. Well, if you truly love her like you claim, then stay with her. I think you should stay with her, because it's so hard to find love these days. :smile: