I just can't get to sleep!

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by kscoto25, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kscoto25

kscoto25 New Member

Well it's 3am where I am and I can't settle. Most nights are like this nowadays. On the odd night I do sleep I hate it cause I have horrible nightmares. Anyone else feeling the same frustration?

2. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

I could've written that myself.

10:30AM, so write away.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i hate night time too sleep does not come easy fears keep me awake the old saying a warm glass of milk does take edge off and calm one a bit but sleep hard to find

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Totally know how you feel. My sleep is totally messed up. Sleeping pills used to work for me before I grew a tolerance to them but they were very helpful, always relaxed me and gave me a good nights sleep, the one I found the most helpful was stilnoct(ambien) was on 10mg then increased to 20mg. Have you tried talking to your doctor?
    Failing that make the room as dark as possible, open the windows, drink some milk, no caffeine, put some lavender drops on your pillow. However if its very extreme I would see the doctor. Good luck.

5. Yoko Odinhart

Yoko Odinhart Well-Known Member

I've been having a hard time sleeping/staying asleep too. When I get this way I put on a meditation app on my iPhone (available on Andriod as well, not blackberry though), and just drift off to the voice on the recording. I hardly remember falling asleep and wake up feeling refreshed. I highly recommend it if you have an iPhone or Andriod. You might be able to find some on Youtube as well. I haven't looked to the internet for those things yet though.

You might also want to talk to your doctor as well. Especially if you're on medication and are debating on taking a sleeping pill. Some pills don't mix well with others, so that's something you really have to watch out for. My rule of thumb is to try natural methods first, then turn to doctors once all natural sources have been exhausted.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.