I just don't care

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by anarulesmenow, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Does anyone else feel like this?I just don't care anymore, I'm so apathetic.I think about family and friends and I just don't care anymore.Maybe part of that is because I don't believe that they care about me, but I'm not sure.
    I don't really see the point in life.We go through education, work to the bone and then by the time we can finally retire, we are so old and crippled that e cannot enjoy it.I mean, seriously, what is the point?
    It's not always that I'm in pain, it's that I just don't see the point, that i can't feel anything.I feel like my time is up, like I've already reached my potential.There is nothing left.
  2. torus

torus Member

there are days when I just want to be a dead hero. somebody who sees that a house is on fire and hears people screaming...."hero" rushes in and saves a mom and her two kids only to die of smoke inhalation.
  3. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

I know what you mean
  4. dnE ehT

dnE ehT Well-Known Member

It's thinking like this that always causes me to go into a suicidal spiral.

I try to catch myself when I think like this, and when I do, it's very important that I distract myself with all the good things in life.

If I were you, I'd try not to think about life in the long term, just focus on the small everyday things that give you joy.
  5. Misfit

Misfit Member

Sometimes I think that if you cut me in half you'd see the words "I don't care" going all the way through me like a stick of rock. I understand your POV, I really do. I don't see the point in condemning myself to the 'wake up, go to work, do something I don't care about for 8 hours, come home, watch TV, go to bed and repeat...' formula that my life pretty much amounts to these days.

For what it's worth I'll share my solution: I use this attitude to go out and try new things because I don't care what the outcome will be ("Go somewhere I've never been and it'll cost a lot? **** it, why not? Don't care anyway." etc). Sometimes it lifts my mood and even if it doesn't it's a new life experience at least.
  6. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Every single word makes complete sense to me, and can sum up how I feel. I would rather see and make sure other people are happy then put myself first.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.