I just don't know what to do anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by megachops, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megachops

megachops New Member

I think today it finally hit me. I lost my job on feb 4th and I decided I would move back to Canada to start over. it's been rough. I don't have enough money to move (all i need is $3500 and i can't do it) I was possibly offered a job there but haven't heard anything from them in 2 weeks. i'm all alone and I don't know what to do. I"m at risk of being evicted from my current house i'm renting cause i was short $265 for rent. I'm at risk of losing my car cause I need to pay $1000 on it by april 2nd and I have nothing. I jsut don't know what to do. all this financial bullshit has finally broken me. I keep telling myself "well atleast you're not 10,000 in debt" but I jsut want to move and I cry because the only thing holding me back is Money and i just can't do it anymore. I financially can't live and I don't know what else to do. sure it might seem silly to be depressed over $4765 but it's getting and has gotten to me.

i dont' know what to do. shit is going to hit the fan tomorrow and I don't know what to do.
  2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Hi there, welcome to the forum. Could you look for a job in the meantime around where you live? Even if it's only a small job you'll have the money to pay a bit towards the car and rent etc. As long as you can pay a bit at a time you may be lucky and won't end up being evicted and your car being taken away. If you let them know about your current money situation perhaps they could be a bit lenient with you too. Maybe phone up the job in Canada to see if there's any news? If all comes to the worse there are companies out there that can help you financially.
  3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

can you store your stuff with a friend and drive up to canada? that way you just need gas money, then when you are settled come back for your things?

my other thought is can you check with your landlord about paying down your back rent a little bit at a time? most landlords know it's a complete hassle to evict someone and it takes absolutely ages through the court, so it's in their interest to help you along a little bit. just be honest with them.

btw, welcome!

i just started work after a time of unemployment so i know all about job/$$ stress....

4. megachops

megachops New Member

thanks for the support.

My landlord is unwilling to work with me. and unfortunately i have no one here that can help me out. when I mentioned i was alone, i honestly meant it. theres no one here to help. I don't even have enough money for gas on me right now to drive out of the state. It just sucks and I don't know why i'm feeling the way I do over this and such a small amount of money. I just don't know.
  5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

yikes that sounds really awful. well, you are not alone anymore... you have found us on SF.

$3,500 is alot of money for moving - are you trying to bring your furniture back with you? you might sell enough things on craigslist, including your car to pay for 3 months mini-storage for your personal possessions (photo albums and things you wouldn't want to sell) and use the rest on a one way ticket back home? i dunno, just thinking out loud here...

there are always options. in nyc there are private charities that will give you one time grants to help you through a rough patch. if you want to PM me what state you are in i could try and do some research for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.