I just don't know what to do anymote

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Matthew forbes, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Matthew forbes

Matthew forbes New Member

My name is Matthew, I'm 26 and I've been thinking about suicide slot lately.. Awhile back I had gotten in trouble with the law,which now is making it very hard to find a job, I live with my father, I love him to death but he's mentally abusive, and now his wife is starting to be swell. My mother won't have anything to do with me, and my grandmother who raised me pasted away this year, right before I had to do some time in jail.. That's the basis but it barely covers the surface..i just don't know if there's any hope left..

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. You are at a dry low point in your life. The emotional abuse is very hard to deal with. I not judging you but ok you done tine and served your sentence. Trying to restart a career is going to be very hard as you doubt understand.

I am sorry to state the obvious as you doubt thinking but you can rebuild you career. Isn't there any organisation that help ex-cons where you currently are living. I'm sorry if have I offended in anyway.

I am trying to realistic in your current situation. I strongly suggest that you look for a job even if it's low pay as you have to start from the bottom and try to rebuild your life. Yes, no doubt you will get knock backs but you parents might change their point of view or alternatively it will give a chance to get your own place. We all have to start from somewhere.

When we think there is no hope, we gave to dig deep and help to move forward with life on a day by day basis. Sometimes we have to start from the bottom and try our best to move forward. The past is the past and we have to start some where in order to survive on a daily basis. It's just human nature.

Please keep posting as we understand and we can support you in a virtual way. Jeep strong as we know it's hard sometimes but when you have no choice you fight for your life each day. As life itself is important and that includes YOU.

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

People make mistakes. Whatever circumstance in your family it is hard to find support what about trying counseling or looking into programs for offenders or people with a past record like job placement services as prisons all over does not want repeat offenders so they are trying to keep people productive and avoid reoffending. Good Luck Matthew.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello @Matthew forbes I am sad to hear you are going through all of this. I have no idea how criminal records affect jobs so I won't pretend I do however I do believe you can get better, I am sorry for the loss of your grandmom, that is really sad :(

You have to deal with the present right now, what can you do to make your life better? Maybe link in with a social worker to see what you would be suitable to do? Best of luck to you and please come back and let us know how you are doing.