I just don't know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in a really really desparate situation and I wish I could see a way out.

I am a highly qualified person in terms of my academic qualifications but I cannot see anywhere I could find a job or work. My degree is useless (language only) and I have zero self-confidence or other qualities.

I am totally on my own, no partner, no friends, in a foreign country. My family has been very good in sending me money so I am fine for the moment but now that I finished my degree they want to see me work, of course.

The thing is, I rejected three jobs short notice that were really hard to get. But I realized I got panicked because a) I have no self confidence and b) it is not really what I want to do.

I dont know. I cannot explain my situation as from the outside it is hard to see how desparate I am. I hate myself and have no strength or desire for anything.

I feel so alone.

Thanks for listening anyway.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Can you talk to your doctor get on meds to decrease your anxiety so you can deal with job and interviews Is there an option for you to go home and get a job where you are being supported by people around you Hugs to you

roscho

Mary,

Welcome to the forum.

I'd like to address your A) and B)

No or low confidence and applying/interviewing for jobs you don't even want to do

Is there something that you DO want to do? Doing something that you DO want to do is key.

I don't care if it isn't what you are educated for, you have to find your passion and apply yourself in that direction. Once you find your passion direction, you can take a job that you don't really desire because you know it is part of the process to getting to a passion job field.

I look forward to hearing more.

Jelly

Mary, Welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about all that's happened; Please know my PM inbox is open anytime.

Take care. <3

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Hi, Mary.

I don't know where you are living and planning to live, or what languages you have from your degree. But, where I live, lots of employers really appreciate someone who can speak other languages. People with a second, third language here are employed in customer service, translating product information, signage for roads etc., advertising, radio/TV, books, tour guides...

Perhaps you could join a temporary employment agency and see what sorts of jobs they can send you to short term to 1) get money coming in, and 2) get your confidence up at the same time you get a taste of the kinds of jobs you could do.

I think you're amazing for having more than one language! Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00