i just don't know what to say anymore

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Mar 31, 2012.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

omg I just had a big fight with my mom. Apparently she's an albinos and my uncle is too. And she tells me albinos have white skin like milk and I told her they have pinkish white skin because I've seen one when I was a teen. And she had red eyes and my mom says that's not possible so I show her pics from the net and she still doesn't believe.

Also she keeps saying that people who get abuse and don't call the cops is because they want it. I told her to stop that, that's not true and she tells me if I give you a donut and you take it, didn't mean you wanted it. And I said that's not the same.

Now she's saying she's not schizophrenic, she has the imaginary pain, meaning she dreams all the time. Which is a symptom of schizophrenia. She says schizophrenics don't hallucinate or hear voices. She called me stupid to my face and I got really mad and I called her crazy. I told her she completely lost her marbles. And you know what she has!!!

OMG, she says that she had a cardiac arrest and they used the paddles to start her heart, and I just said that when they use the paddles, they actually stop the heart a second to restart it and she doesn't believe me and calls me stupid.

I am so mad at myself...I never learn...I don't know what to do with her anymore...
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You know you will never change her hun you need to not take anything she says to heart okay set up boundaries if she starts verbally abusing you then walk away hun don't listen to her okay hugs
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

the problem is that she's the only real life person in my life. So I have no one else and so that's why I tolerate so much. I normally just let her talk and say nothing but sometimes it gets me riled up and I just blow out....it's hard not to let her affect you...I wish I was selfish and didn't care...but I can't seem to do that...
  4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I know honey, she's your mum...... I've had similar stuff so know how it feels....... suggest saying to her when she says things you know are not true, and are, in fact, ridiculous - all you need to say is "It's OK for us to have different opinions Mum" without taking her bait to get a reaction - she only seems to want to 'be right' about things for reasons to do with where she is at. You are NOT stupid honey - you must make your mind your own best friend to rely on and tell it that it is only to believe what is true, then the rest falls into perspective, way, way down the priority list.