I just don't like myself very much.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by DarnTired, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

The happy guy that I show to people feels like nothing more than an act. I can be funny, witty and charming with anyone and when I'm alone, I'm miserable. I'm too hard on myself and I blame myself for everything.

In the last year of this recession, I've barely worked and have been living on benefits. My parents sometimes send me packages of canned food to keep me going. Last night, I tried to book tickets to fly back home for Christmas, but the one on-line credit account I had denied me because I'm having problems with another card and my credit report is bad. My parents are in their sixties and they don't have that type of money to spend and I'm tired of being their charity case. I'm thinking it would be best to not go home for Christmas since I'm thinking/planning of moving back permanently next Spring sometime. I just don't want to tell them how things are. It makes me feel inadequate and that's why I don't like myself.

Sometimes I wish I could just disappear.

2. kemistry

kemistry Well-Known Member

Craig, pain is inevitable, but suffering it is optional. Easier said then done yeh?
    We wouldnt last very long if we can't learn to forgive ourselves. So try to be kinder to yourself.
    Then, focus on your immediate needs and work toward them. I do agree that spending the holiday back home isn't a good option for your current situation. Don't be afraid to be honest with them.

3. suicider628

suicider628 Well-Known Member

Sometime u gotta take a step back before advancing again. TAKE THAT STEP.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Oh the lying to the aged parents :blink:
    Sometimes I'm so sick of showing all my relatives a "it's all good!" face.
    When in fact it's all shit! but what can one do, they'd worry, nag or go off into one depending on their nature or state of mind.
    Become your own best friend, forgive what's foregiveable, put right what you can and love yourself, we all crash and burn, we all do things we wish we hadn't, as u would be kind to others, be kind to yourself :hug:

5. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

Thanks guys and ladies. I feel a little better.

And Terry...:love:

6. Poorlaggedman

Poorlaggedman Active Member

So what dont you like about yourself? Im pretty critical of myself but thats not necessarily a bad thing, holding yourself to some standards. Can be kind of hard if you cant maintain them though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.