I just don't sleep anymore.

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by savetoniqht, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

I mean I never have, but this is getting ridiculous. I've slept probably a total of four hours in the past week. This sleeping thing is just not working out for me lately. I'm exhausted. Just thought I'd share, I guess... I don't have anything better to do, since sleeping really isn't happening.
  2. D3ath

D3ath Well-Known Member

Have you been to see the doctors about this?
    Maybe they can give you some sleeping tablets if yuor not already on them.
    Even if you already been prescribed them still suggest going to the doctors as they dont appear to be working :/.
  3. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Depression, getting out, observing with impotent dismay the accelerating phenomenon of aging (time does seem to proceed far more quickly than we'd like once we hit 30 or 40 now doesn't it? lol) -- and last but not least, maintaining a workable sleep-wake cycle.

Such are the challenges for me at 44. I would swear that my personal circadian sleep rhythm is not only out of whack with the rest of the world's, but is dynamic and fluctuates!! :trampolin :screwloos As an aside, you might (*might* lol) wish to Google circadian sleep rhythm disorder. For the Internet-challenged, you'd want to type it in the box exactly like so:

"circadian rhythm sleep disorder" wiki

And click on I'm Feeling Lucky. This will take you straight to an entire Wikipedia article and tell you more than you ever imagined there might be to this stuff! lol

BACK TO DIRECT TOPIC though, I use a friggin' cocktail to coax my body into going to sleep at around 12 or one every night. I have to do something because I work now five days a week and just love this job.

My job meliorates the depression. Getting out is *crucial* for me. Do you see?

Said cocktail consists of -NO- alcohol, but an assortent of other medications (which I really shouldn't name on here :seehearsp). Like life itself, it's a continual effort to try and balance--but it works!

It works for me, imperfectfully but functionally because that is how badly I want to live; to be out and about--to work.

Well Mel. Dunno whether that helped you, but sharing a night in the of "ToHelp" was good for me. :tongue:

Whatever you do, my direct personal advice is: Careful with the meds. Know what you're taking. Continually monitor for tolerance and addiction if these dangers apply. For example, if prescribed benzodiazepines or the popular "Z" drugs like Ambien, feel free to ask here why am making a fuss about it. Just be aware and beware.

p.s. Or you could just go here, lol. I was demonstating how powerful and flexible Google can be when you know the tricks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.