I just feel bad.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dusk, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dusk

dusk Active Member

Isnt that a dumb reason to want to commit suicide? Nothing is wrong in my life. I just feel drained, anxious, and worthless. I feel hopeless, because nothing has helped my depression. Does anyone else feel this way?
  2. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

Yes! I relate so much to that. I have almost everything going for me in my life currently, have great plans for the future, but I still have these overwhelming feelings to self destruct. I don't know why I feel this way.

Anyway, I suggest you speak to your doctor about it. I'm on anti-depressants, recently started taking them. I'm hoping they'll help.

And no, it's not dumb. Just because you may not be being abused, poor, your bf dumped you, your cat died etc, doesn't mean you're stupid for feeling this way. Depression is an illness in itself, and you don't have to have external problems for it to manifest.

But yeah, I hear you. It sucks, and I feel so stupid for having these thoughts.. best of luck to you.
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Yes, I've felt frustrated, anxious, worthless, depleted. I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough go of things right now.

How long have you been depressed? What has your doc/therapist suggested and done? Sometimes it just takes as long as it takes for the depression to lift. In the meantime, perhaps you could distract yourself with a movie/TV/book/long walk/call or visit with friends/family. Or my favorite if I'm in a really bad place - crank up the music and go to bed (where I can cry and then sleep). After some sleep, I usually feel somewhat better.

I hope you feel better soon. :hug:
  4. dusk

dusk Active Member

Thanks to you both.

Ive had stuff going on with my brain (mania, depression mainly) since I was 14. But Ive been depressed constantly since I was 20, 6 years ago. Ive had some better days and some really bad ones, but its mostly been bad.

Thank you for all of your suggestions.
  5. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

The black dog is a evil demon.Yes hearing where you no one is immune from it.Disstractions are a good thing yet getting the motivation to put them in place is hard.Talking and getting some things of ya chest is a good way of coping and slowly find things you enjoy and put them into place.Reason i said slowly because sometimes we try to much at once and get overwhelmed.Healthy diet and exercise is a good thing too.I hope some of this helps and wish you all the best.Oh and keep using this forum as we all here to help and is a good way for letting out your frustrations.
  6. aussiegal

aussiegal Well-Known Member

It is a slow road. But each day is different. You dont need to justify your reasons for feeling depressed. Please remember that. You dont have a choice to why you feel that way. Only a choice of how to react to it.
  7. dusk

dusk Active Member

Thanks guys. :calm: I really appreciate it.
  8. aussiegal

aussiegal Well-Known Member

Hope you are hanging in there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.