I just joined here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm new here, and I really don't know what to say. This is very weird for me. I am 21 years old and I am in college. I am depressed all the time, and there are a lot of days where I feel suicidal. I am very afraid to go see a psychiatrist, because I do not want to end up on medication that has horrible side effects. I am very scared to even talk to a psychiatrist. I believe I may suffer from bipolar disorder as well, but I haven't been diagnosed properly. I honestly do not know why I feel the way I do, I've been like this since I was a child. I am very introverted, and I have no friends at all. I hate waking up most days, because I have to leave my house and be around people all day. I really cannot take being around people for too long, but online I do just fine because I cannot see anyone. I don't know how to actually live. I just know how to be. That is all I do. I just like exist you know? I can't explain it better than that. I really hope this is a place where I can feel comfortable. From what I've seen here before joining it seems like that kind of place. I don't know, but maybe some of you can give me advice on whether it is ok to see a psychiatrist? I was supposed to talk to one a long time ago when I was younger but I never did. As of right now I am trying really hard not to drop out of school and leave home, but with each passing day it is getting worse. To be honest I am really scared ok. I just don't know and I am sorry if this is long. I just thought I would give an intro about me. Thanks for your time.

Well I'm new here, and I really don't know what to say. This is very weird for me. I am 21 years old and I am in college. I am depressed all the time, and there are a lot of days where I feel suicidal. I am very afraid to go see a psychiatrist, because I do not want to end up on medication that has horrible side effects. I am very scared to even talk to a psychiatrist. I believe I may suffer from bipolar disorder as well, but I haven't been diagnosed properly. I honestly do not know why I feel the way I do, I've been like this since I was a child. I am very introverted, and I have no friends at all. I hate waking up most days, because I have to leave my house and be around people all day. I really cannot take being around people for too long, but online I do just fine because I cannot see anyone. I don't know how to actually live. I just know how to be. That is all I do. I just like exist you know? I can't explain it better than that. I really hope this is a place where I can feel comfortable. From what I've seen here before joining it seems like that kind of place. I don't know, but maybe some of you can give me advice on whether it is ok to see a psychiatrist? I was supposed to talk to one a long time ago when I was younger but I never did. As of right now I am trying really hard not to drop out of school and leave home, but with each passing day it is getting worse. To be honest I am really scared ok. I just don't know and I am sorry if this is long. I just thought I would give an intro about me. Thanks for your time.
Welcome to SF hun. I do hope you feel welcome and you find what you are looking for here.

When it comes to psych's. I have never been to one personally, I have always wanted to and then part of doesn't. So it's a fight whether I should go or not. Alot of people here do see one adn from the friends I have made and that have gone, it seems to help. Good luck on your search

Kanani~

Beret

Staff Alumni
:welcome: to SF I understand your fear about going to see a shrink, but being bipolar myself it has saved my life; therapy and meds. Dont be afraid not all meds do have horrible side effects. Good luck hun.
:hug:

Thank you all very much and I do appreciate the comments you all gave me. I am still waiting to see if I want to move on towards therapy or not. I will see how it all goes, I just cannot make myself go talk to a professional. Thanks again everyone.

gentlelady

Staff Alumni
:welcome: to SF. Don't be afraid to seek help if you think you may need it. Meds and therapy can be very affective for some people. There are always those it doesn't work for, but don't let that stop you. I have found it to be very helpful myself. It doesn't mean that everything is always great, because it isn't, but it would be much worse without it. I wouldn't be here if I hadn't taken the chance to try to seek outside help. I hope that whatever you decide to do, it is the best choice for you. Trust yourself. :hug:

Esmeralda

I know how you feel about side effects. Whenever I see a commercial for medication, I imagine having all the side effects at once. There is one medication (not a psychiatric one) that has uncontrollable bowels, bloody feces followed by passing out. I just imagined being found passed out in a pool of my own bloody diaharreah :)

Anyway, most meds don't have terrible side effects.

Regardless, maybe it would be better for you to see a psycholigist rather than a psychiatrist, so you would merely do "talk therapy".

Also, no shrink can force you to take medication. Try to find one in your area who also specializes in therapy and you should be fine.

I hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00