I just keep making it worse for my self.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by none123, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. none123

none123 Member

I just hate that I just keep making my life worse and worse cause of my suicidal thoughts. I just keep doing stupid stuff like not going to work cause I know it doesn't matter if I get money or lose my job since I will be gone soon. And keep spending a lot of money that I can't afford to spend cause I know it will be over soon. But then I keep having second thoughts and don't go through with it, but now am basically one sick day away from being fired, and have no money to get through this year. And cause of my thoughts, I don't work on my marriage cause I "know" it will be over soon and won't matter, and I let my health go, eat crappy food and and don't exercise at all cause it doesn't matter. And this has been going on for years, now I just look like a fat lazy slob, the exact opposite that i was a few years ago before I was certain I would kill myself. Why can't I either get it over with and do it, or quit planning on it, and get on with my life.

And it seems every time I have the availability to do it, I can't do it then, cause I am by myself so at peace, and knowing I can do it now eases my mind so I am a bit happier so don't do it. And can do what I want so do other things. But then all the times that I know I could easily do it I can't cause I'm at work or at church or around people. Pretty much all the times I'm not suicidal are when I'm alone at home and have the means, cause I also finally for a minute can forget my problems and do what I want. I thought I finnally could do it a few days ago cause my wife took off in the car after a fight and was threatening to leave me. And while she was gone, i managed to start the process, but came home after just a few minutes before I could do it. She could see rope burns on my neck, but just ignores it, and goes on like nothing happened, never mentioning it. I don't know why she can't figure out that I'm going to kill myself, and get me help, I've gave her plenty of hints cause I want to fix my problems, killing myself has just been my plan since I don't see any other way out, no light at the end of the tunnel.

But even if she tried to help me, there is no way to fix my problems, I am always going to be screwed. And I don't know how much longer i can take. I wish i could just die without taking my life cause i know taking my life would be so much harder on my family for some reason than if I just died of a disease or car wreck, etc.
  2. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I know fighting depression is hard. You are right you are making things worse on yourself. I am not sure what your work conditions are like however you just need to resist taking a sick day. I take depression sick days. Yeah I know it is hard, but you will only feed the fire of your depression by doing it.

As for your wife... I am no marriage counselor, however, have you mentioned your feelings? Women are weird, they often times wrap up not knowing as you not telling them... trust me I have walked down this path before with my ex. She claims to not know because I did not tell her my feelings. That is why she is my ex. She thought I did not like her because I never told her I did. This way women can put responsibility on the men. >.> I await angry female responses. Anyway maybe getting it out in the open might help your marriage. Provided of course you even want to remain married. Sounds like you are on the edge with that one.

You cannot think you are always going to be screwed up. Part of fixing yourself is to make sure you believe you can be fixed. Yes it sucks to work. However, time will pass regardless. If you do nothing you cannot really complain. However, if you put forth an effort you can at least say you tried and can have more justification to kill yourself. Right now I believe I can change and I am constantly visualizing that person I want to be. It is comforting to see it and want it.

Do not give up hope.
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi none and welcome to SF. First of all, I think that you should start saving up the money that you do have, because you have a family and you need to save up money for the hard times. If you lose your job, you have to have a backup plan and money saved up to buy food etc. Secondly, you need to start taking better care of yourself. Eat healthier foods and get some light exercise to help keep your weight under control. Don't let yourself go. Suicide is not the solution to your problems. You have to man-up and work on fixing your marriage. Hope this helps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.